KERZ ATAO - 1/33

Hello,
I'm French and I live near Deauville - Trouville in Normandy and I'm not far from the landing beaches.
IMG_5039.jpgI am 67 years old and I started working in 1970 to learn with great pleasure the job of turner mechanic. I learned all the basics of this trade for three years. A lathe is a universal machine which, apart from turning, can also be used as a milling, boring and mortising machine. Then I was a mechanic in the French Navy and then in civilian life, my activities have always been linked to industry. I have been modeling since my adolescence and it has always been a passion that I have unfortunately, and fortunately, not been able to practice as I wanted for professional and social imperatives.I stopped working in 2016 and now I can devote much more time to this hobby. My professional experience gives me the chance to be able to make these models quite easily.
For machining parts I have an Emco Compact 8 lathe and a Proxxon FF230 milling machine.
For wood cutting I have a Proxxon FET circular saw and as I am a dynosaur I use the bocfil saw a lot.
Currently I have the bisquine ''La Perle'' and the vessel ''L'Artésien'' under construction.
I like to see the work of other modelers as well, and there are a lot of champions doing wonderful things.
There is a tuna kit at Soclaine ( https://www.patrickmodelisme.com/ma...groix-1908-saint-gildas-serie-patrimoine.html ) but I am not very convinced of the result that can be obtained from it. If I can give a well-advised advice: try to make it yourself, it's so much more pleasant to do. Sometimes it's a headache but with the will everything is possible. There is a plan of the tuna boat La Marie-Jeanne published by the AAMM in Paris ( https://boutique.aamm.fr/monographies/plan-thonier-marie-jeanne )
Best regards to everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your response and the links to the tuna kit and plans. As a novice ship modeler, I often wonder what tools are used by the experts. Thanks for including this information. Best wishes for your future modeling projects. I hope to see more.
Andre

Voilà du très bel ouvrage. l’accastillage réalisé à cette échelle et de cette qualité est une haute performance.

I love your model
and the way your are working clean - accurate - just very very good work
Please think about to start a building log - also if you are posting not very often, but it would be highly interesting to see your work on this model - also small progress is progress and we all love to see and study photos showing models under construction

BTW: Just one question, especially because it is executed extremely good
How did you made this water level markings?
IMG_7054.jpg

@Kerz Atao F14800 , I like your solution on angle milling table, it looks like a good solution if you can set the degrees accurately enough.
Possibly this solution can be used together with the Prooxon milling machine
Do you have more pictures of this construction.
Greetings Knut-

I am from the age of prehistoric men and here are the tools used to make these pieces...

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg
IMG_1221.jpg

The wood used is cherry.

IMG_1242.jpg
For each part I make a photocopy of the plan on bristol paper which serves as a support for making the following collages. Of course, depending on the needs, I use either paper glue or wood glue and I remove the paper before gluing wood on wood.

IMG_1244.jpgIMG_1246.jpgIMG_1247.jpgIMG_1257.jpgIMG_1258.jpg
img_1259-jpg.428691

IMG_1260.jpgIMG_1261.jpgIMG_1266 (1).jpg
This is the finished assembly, all that remains is to adjust it to the hull.IMG_1267.jpg
All the parts sets are not yet fixed on the hull, I still have to represent the nailing.

IMG_1259.jpg

@Kerz Atao F14800 , This is the one I mean.
ang (1).jpgang (2).jpgang (3).jpg
This looks like a simple and practical solution for this job.
Do you have any pictures of this construction? I'd like to try making one myself, thanks-
Greetings Knut-

Easy and quick to make, inexpensive and extremely effective for what we have to do.
To increase the tilting capacity it is possible to insert a wedge between the tube and the plate.
You must use double-sided adhesive as described above, or equivalent, and it works very well.

IMG_1395.jpgIMG_1396.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1399.jpgIMG_1400.jpgIMG_1402.jpg

Back