Kerry Jang: Victory, 100-gun First Rate 1765, Seaforth Publishing.

I got mail today, fresh off the press, from Kerry Jang in Canada:

Victory, 100-gun First Rate 1765, Seaforth Publishing.

The book is part of a series ShipCraft and is number 29.

The book deals with Victory model kits and is aimed specifically at modelers. Besides history, it presents the available kits from 1:1200 to 1:64 in the full range of materials, gives an overview of the current aftermarket and presents 3 built models. A larger article goes over the various appearances of the ship and ends in new overview drawings, done especially for this book by McKay.

I have yet to analyze the historical and appearance part at times, but know that Kerry Jang has talked to a great many protagonists of the Victory scene.

Personal notes:
- McKay´s AOTS was my first stop on the way to Victory. The color on the book´s pages were watched pale ever since.
- I stood in front of the first of the 3 models presented in the book at the convention in Rochefort with my mouth open, jaw to the floor: the 1:300 version by Etsuro Tsuboi. Breathtaking!
- The second model of the Victory is 1:48 by Kazunobu Shirai and it was the first model of this ship that I fell in love with over 15 years ago when I started doing internet research on this ship.
- And the third model shown is actually the little fatty one with bumble bee stripes by a certain dafi :-0

Never, really never would I have dared to dream of ending up with 3 of my heroes in the same book!

Thank you Kerry for that opportunity!

Dear greetings, DAniel

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5676.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5677.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5686.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5685.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5684.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5683.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5691.jpg

Last edited:
Hallo Daniel alias @dafi

Congratulations from my side, that your model is shown in thi snew publication.
Your model deserves it to be shown in this round of amazing models -
For everybody: I was together with dafi at this time in Rochfort and know also this extreme 1:300 model - It is just WOW

Bravo my friend

I will order this book and when we meet next time I would like to have an autograph in my copy

I could also sign your car as my Vic has been in the back of it on the way to Rochefort. :) :) :)

Thank you dearly my friend, all the best, DAniel

Daniel, any book or article written today on modelling the Victory that didn’t at least mention your work would probably not be worth reading. I suspect you have inspired many people (I’m one) to dare to dream of lifting the kit to a higher level.

I got mail today, fresh off the press, from Kerry Jang in Canada:

Victory, 100-gun First Rate 1765, Seaforth Publishing.

The book is part of a series ShipCraft and is number 29.

The book deals with Victory model kits and is aimed specifically at modelers. Besides history, it presents the available kits from 1:1200 to 1:64 in the full range of materials, gives an overview of the current aftermarket and presents 3 built models. A larger article goes over the various appearances of the ship and ends in new overview drawings, done especially for this book by McKay.

I have yet to analyze the historical and appearance part at times, but know that Kerry Jang has talked to a great many protagonists of the Victory scene.

Personal notes:
- McKay´s AOTS was my first stop on the way to Victory. The color on the book´s pages were watched pale ever since.
- I stood in front of the first of the 3 models presented in the book at the convention in Rochefort with my mouth open, jaw to the floor: the 1:300 version by Etsuro Tsuboi. Breathtaking!
- The second model of the Victory is 1:48 by Kazunobu Shirai and it was the first model of this ship that I fell in love with over 15 years ago when I started doing internet research on this ship.
- And the third model shown is actually the little fatty one with bumble bee stripes by a certain dafi :-0

Never, really never would I have dared to dream of ending up with 3 of my heroes in the same book!

Thank you Kerry for that opportunity!

Dear greetings, DAniel

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5676.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5677.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5686.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5685.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5684.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5683.jpg

Kerry-Jang-Victory-221025_5691.jpg
Dear Daniel / dafi
I was happy see your face & smile :) Congratulations from my to , for you &your model is shown in thi snew publication. well done my friend

After a quick peruse, I think the last section ( profiles on Victory's changing appearence) should have included Dan's model sections, as they would have added a certain "life" which the flat art profiles do not.

Just to clarify, Dan's sections should have been included in addition to the profiles. I also really like the Title lettering on the cover, done in the ochre and charcoal, with the hint of the red. I will be reading the book fully over the next few days, but first impressions are I LIKE IT!

Last edited:
Back