Keepin CA glue in the fridge?

I read that if CA glue is kept in the fridge (opened or not) it lasts a lot longer. Does anyone have any experience of doing this and does it work? Cheers.

I read that if CA glue is kept in the fridge (opened or not) it lasts a lot longer. Does anyone have any experience of doing this and does it work? Cheers.
I’m sure you will receive varying opinions however, with my 50+ years using CA building model aircraft: Yes refrigeration increases the shelf life especially after it has been opened.

I’m sure you will receive varying opinions however, with my 50+ years using CA building model aircraft: Yes refrigeration increases the shelf life especially after it has been opened.
This is also my experience -
unfortunately my wife do not like the glue in the fridge, so I have to have enough in stock

This is also my experience -
unfortunately my wife do not like the glue in the fridge, so I have to have enough in stock
Same here Uwek, so I have a small wine cooler in the shop where I store my CA and a couple beverages of choice :)

I agree, I' have some ca in the fridge for 20 years! The tube stuff does go off quickly once opened.
I have a couple of the thicker stuff in small plastic bottles, that is still ok over that time, even if it's been opened.
I put what I have kept in a well labelled plastic butter container.

I purchase 8oz/250mL bottles of CA for wood finishes on pens and pour out into smaller squeeze bottles. Fortunately we have a second fridge in our basement. I've stored the large bottles in ziplock bags in the fridge for long periods over the years.

I buy the small tubes from Harbour Freight. 12 gel CA for about $4.00, 12 thin CA for about $3.00. I each tube lasts for about a day or two. That way I am always using a fresh tube of glue But I like the idea of keeping them in the refrigerator and taking them as I need them. I have a fridge in the garage.

Back