Joining in the debates

Hello to everyone.
I am a new member just dipping my toes in the water to see how it goes, I hope to become a useful contributing member in the coming weeks.
I will spend my next few visits looking through the various threads and see where I can make a useful contribution.
Steve. :text-welcomewave:

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone :text-thankyouyellow:

Could someone advise me on how to display the national flag that appears on a lot of profiles.
I would like the cross of St. George!
Steve. :oops:

Thanks for that Sjors55.
I can only find the union flag! maybe the cross of St, George will appear sometime in the future?
Steve. :text-thankyouyellow:

Here is a question? I am collecting the new Deagostini partwork HMS Sovereign of the seas, and was wondering which forum thread would be the most suitable to start a build diary in?
I wont be starting it until I have all the keel and rib parts and at least the false lower deck, but when I do, a nudge in the right direction is required, then again are partworks really wanted here?
I have the first five issues with four more expected late this month or early November, so I expect to make a star mid November!
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Steve, :text-thankyouyellow:

Welcome aboard, Steve. I've never built a part work kit. But like any other build be it kit or scratch, do a little research on your ship and take your time and have fun.

Bob

Hi Steve

I aslo collecting but DeAgostini St. John the Baptist, now we are on number 34. That will be my first kit. Plan is to collect all number, 100 is the last one, and then start build with my douther.

barba

Thanks for the replies!
I am going to start the build soon, once I have all the keel and ribs. That should be sometime mid November, I'm really looking forward to this build, I am waiting for the last part of the Victory I'm building at the moment, part 120 is OUT OF STOCK "HOW".
Its not much to wait for, just 5 figures a decal set and a few flags!, but still I would have thought that 30 months warning would have been enough time to get the stock levels sorted, and this is a subscription build.
I hope to see some of your replies in my" Steves Sovereign build "when I start it, can I claim that build name before anyone else takes it?
Steve. :text-thankyouyellow:

Hi Stevie,

welcome to the SOS Forum. Yes, you can name your build log as Steves Sovereign build in the "SOS Build Logs from Kits". Once you click on this then at top of page, click on "New Topic" - in the subject line just put "Steves Sovereign build log". The body, just start your introduction to your building.

If you have any questions just email me at donnie@shipsofscale.com

Thanks again for joining.

Donnie
SOS 2012

Back