Jig for table saw to saw planks

Well, I must be missing something here. Can't you get the same result just using the saw fence?
...there are many ways to rip thin strips. They all use the fence in one way or another, mostly the fence has to be moved each time a new strip has to be cut. The above jig allowed to set the fence once and cut as many stips as the wood stock size permitted. Also, the way it works, the cutting material is stay firm in the jig, so there is no accidental movement this is why the thickness of stips are identical in size.

As you watch this video notice the background views of his shop and his tools. This guy is a master craftsman with very professional tools and machines. He is extremely inventive…did you notice the pull down rig for his rotary tool? Master craftsman he is!

I like also the possibility to use the wooden plank till the last strip is cut. A lot of jigs give problems with a small piece of wood to cut.

Well, I must be missing something here. Can't you get the same result just using the saw fence?
Yes... the only problem is that you have to change the fence at every cut. Or like Jim says. And to do it good you always use to push the wood between fence and blade. Not on the other side of the saw. That is a safetything. With the jig you push on the good side.

I have managed to cut 3x2mm strips from 6x2mm planks supplied in my Amati BOUNTY kit using a cheap Chinese circular saw. I just required a 2mm ply base to cover the surface of the saw and allow me to raise the blade to cut a zero tolerance slit. I then pushed a piece of 40x40mm pine through to cut a 2 x 8mm notch before repositioning it against the fence at 3mm and raise the saw blade to about 5mm to cutlet for the blade.
Once clamped to the fence, I just ran the 6mm planks though.
The attached image shows most of the set up. I did put a finger board before the blade to guide the 6mm plank along the fence before entering the slot and the cutting blade.
The result is surprisingly consistent with 0.6x2mm offcuts as the kerf of the supplied blade is 2.4mm. I have ordered 105mm 40 tooth blades with 1.8mm kerf to help reduce waste.
Its given me great leftover stock for 5" planks in 1/64 so I have stock to plank my 1/64 NORFOLK colonial sloop.

IMG_0424.jpg

Back