Jabeque by Occre

Good morning. Your stairs are great. It is a good idea to add the railings gives them character. Man you are really making this Xebec your own with all the extra carvings. Awesome. I think once mine and yours are done, I'm going to get pics of all the Occre Cazadors on SOS and make a gallery of how each modeler has created their own version........I may leave Peter's (@Pter) out as his craftsmanship is so good makes us all look like rookies ROTF. I see a Victory in progress in the background. Interesting my first ship was the Victory and now my Xebec....we have good tastes in model selection.ROTF. Cheers Grant
Hey Grant thank you for the kind words, I am enjoying this build a lot it is my first attempt in carving and scratch work I must say it is very satisfying.
That Victory in the background I started 35 years ago then lost interest in it and it lingered around for all these years. It had only the first plank and survived like that for 35 years moved with me from house to house so I decided to finish her 4 months ago then I got distracted with this ship so now it’s in waiting.

Oars , making oars it to all weekend to make these. I decided to use pear wood instead of the 4mm dowels provided by the kit. I also made my own grab rails as the metal ones from the kit looked odd, but decided to use the kit provided wedges they were quite thick and bulky so I decided to thin them down

IMG_8682.jpeg

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8684.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

IMG_8695.jpeg

Oars , making oars it to all weekend to make these. I decided to use pear wood instead of the 4mm dowels provided by the kit. I also made my own grab rails as the metal ones from the kit looked odd, but decided to use the kit provided wedges they were quite thick and bulky so I decided to thin them down

View attachment 432382

View attachment 432383

View attachment 432384

View attachment 432385

View attachment 432386
Looking good. Funny how we work in our own ways….I used the kit handles but not the edge supports. Good oars. Cheers Grant

Grant has his Xebec so I am going to call this Arthur’s Xebec, ( that’s my name by the way ) there is only one problem however I am a bit claustrophobic so I really needed the sea breeze in my quarters. So last few nights I have decided to add galleries to my cabin.

View attachment 433187

View attachment 433188

View attachment 433189

View attachment 433190

View attachment 433191

View attachment 433192
Wow it is certainly becoming an Arthur’s Xebec…. :) . Cheers Grant

I agree with you on the Perma Blue - that seems like a far better option than the blackening agents I have used. But then to be fair, I have no idea what I actually used as the labels and writing were all in Chinese. ROTF Those side galleries certainly give your model an individual bent - nice job!

Good afternoon Arthur. It is always good to see pictures of the whole ship. Looking awesome. I have enjoyed building mine and they turn out to be good looking models. Cheers Grant

Back