It’s all about me!

Hello all and thank you for letting me join and absorb the probably HUNDREDS of years of knowledge and skills that this site has to offer, as my title started off saying its all about me learning and absorbing what I can! I was in love with building models at a very young age of 5, 1 model named the glue mobile, I built plastic models planes ships, at 10 I built Revells 1/96 USS CONSTITUTION, fully rigged and sails with out riggers. I was very proud of it! later on in life I got married had kids, n time for hobbies, then things started to slow down I settled back in on plastic models then I learned how to build and fly radio control giant aircraft which I still do! I have 3 other ship models the SWIFT pilot boat and the solid hull Phantom from model shipways,and the big USS CONSTITUTION from Mamoli. I just turned 60 and would like to build all of them so intern I purchased the triple boat kits from model expo to warm up and build my skills to tackle the bigger and better ships! One inspiration that has been very big on my return to this I have shout out to Ohla Batchvarov Watching her videos have been rejuvenating!

Welcome !
You are not alone here with starting with plastics and RC planes. I have a 1/4 scale Clip Wing Taylorcraft and a 1/5 scale Zeke along with a sailplane with a 13' wingspan. :) I look forward to hearing about your progress on the Model Expo Shipwright series !
If you have a question or run into a tough spot, don't hesitate to ask on here. There is lots of help here. :)

Jeff

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
due to the fact, that the avarage age of ship modelers is slightly higher we can say, that we have thousends years of experience here.... ;) just a joke

Very helpful for a wooden ship model beginner is with starting a building log, so you can show us your working status, ask questions and we all will be happy to help and assist when ever necessary and requested.
"radio control giant aircraft" -> this sounds, especially because of the word "giant" highly interesting -> maybe you can show us something or some of your models, I would be very interested to see this

Welcome !
You are not alone here with starting with plastics and RC planes. I have a 1/4 scale Clip Wing Taylorcraft and a 1/5 scale Zeke along with a sailplane with a 13' wingspan. :) I look forward to hearing about your progress on the Model Expo Shipwright series !
If you have a question or run into a tough spot, don't hesitate to ask on here. There is lots of help here. :)

Jeff
ME TOO

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
due to the fact, that the avarage age of ship modelers is slightly higher we can say, that we have thousends years of experience here.... ;) just a joke

Very helpful for a wooden ship model beginner is with starting a building log, so you can show us your working status, ask questions and we all will be happy to help and assist when ever necessary and requested.
"radio control giant aircraft" -> this sounds, especially because of the word "giant" highly interesting -> maybe you can show us something or some of your models, I would be very interested to see this
Zeke.jpeg

When you get your kits, please post a build log on your progress and processes. We are all here to look, listen and help as needed. This group may have any answer you need, just only need to to ask a question in the build log.

Welcome to the best forum around.

I also used to do plastic models, and even has an old U-line gas powered aircraft when a kid.

Looks like Ziroli zero! I have one in a box waiting!
That's exactly what it is. With a Zenoa G62 (that's 62cc displacement) turning a 22" prop. :)
Mine was just a set of plans with a cowling and canopy. I ordered a lumberyard to build it and cut out the pieces.
I was also working with a friend of mine on a Ziroli P-61 Black Widow upsized to 1/5 scale. but we never finished it. :(

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal this thread. :D

That's exactly what it is. With a Zenoa G62 (that's 62cc displacement) turning a 22" prop. :)
Mine was just a set of plans with a cowling and canopy. I ordered a lumberyard to build it and cut out the pieces.
I was also working with a friend of mine on a Ziroli P-61 Black Widow upsized to 1/5 scale. but we never finished it. :(

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal this thread. :D
I actually belong to a giant scale model club here on Long Island that Nick ziroli helped start! I’m also friends with Nick Ziroli,Roy Vaillancourt, Dave Wiggly, and a bunch of other Giant scale builders!

Back