Introduction

Hi, I am Mike from Lee’s Summit, Missouri. In 1969 my Uncle, a wood model ship builder in Italy, sent me a ship. The seed to build was planted. My first attempt was made in 1995. I began a kit but because of work it would be twenty years before I completed the build. I have since completed ten builds, the last was the Revenge. I am currently applying the finishing touches to Amati’s Bounty (the worst kit I have attempted). I am happy to have found this site and to learn from experienced builders!

Welcome aboard and I wish you the best with your Bounty.
Always remember that we live to see the pictures of your build.

Hi, I am Mike from Lee’s Summit, Missouri. In 1969 my Uncle, a wood model ship builder in Italy, sent me a ship. The seed to build was planted. My first attempt was made in 1995. I began a kit but because of work it would be twenty years before I completed the build. I have since completed ten builds, the last was the Revenge. I am currently applying the finishing touches to Amati’s Bounty (the worst kit I have attempted). I am happy to have found this site and to learn from experienced builders!
When you said “the worst kit”, was that regarding the quality of the kit or the difficulty?

Good question because from what I know, Amati is a pretty decent model company with quality materials.

The Revenge I completed last December.
Good question because from what I know, Amati is a pretty decent model company with quality materials.
Andy does have good quality components. This might suffers from terrible diagrams and plans!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

It is all about how you feel with your accomplishment. We are not here to judge, but only to encourage, and learn from others. If only, one of us were to be able to go back in time and see the marvel, skill, workmanship, of these ancestors of ours who figured out how to make a huge ship float without engines, gasoline and steel. You have found the best model boat forum ever. I have only noticed one thing. If the wind is blowing the ship forward, why are the sails going backward? They are also in the wind.

It is all about how you feel with your accomplishment. We are not here to judge, but only to encourage, and learn from others. If only, one of us were to be able to go back in time and see the marvel, skill, workmanship, of these ancestors of ours who figured out how to make a huge ship float without engines, gasoline and steel. You have found the best model boat forum ever. I have only noticed one thing. If the wind is blowing the ship forward, why are the sails going backward? They are also in the wind.
I meant the Flags are backwards.

Welcome, Andromeda.
Would love to see some images or build logs for your other builds. With that many behind you, have you considered a scratch build? The group build on the Blandford Cross-Section is a great way to start that if you'd be interested.
Cheers!
Eric

In a lot of models the flags are directed aft, and as I learnt once there are some situation in reality, that this could be. But in principle they go with the wind which is blowing fore, so also the flags directed fore

I went the wrong way on a one-way street before... perhaps that applies.

Thank you. Constructive criticism is encouraged and appreciated. Isn't it strange how we can nail the small details and overlook the large details.

Thank you. I glad to have found this site and I am enjoying reading feeds from those of you with a wealth of experience.

Welcome and have the best of time looking around, use the search function to look for postings on any subject or ship build to see what others have done or completed.

There is lots of great info on this site, the many video links from builders show exactly how to do things.

Hallo @Andromeda
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back