Imperial yacht Uvalen by Falconet in 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I thought that it would be more comfortable to start masting and rigging from the fore. So first of all I assembled and placed the bowsprit with its jibboom, maybe the most complex part of the Uvalen's masting.

DSC_6633.jpgDSC_6639.jpgDSC_6644.jpg

I thought that it would be more comfortable to start masting and rigging from the fore. So first of all I assembled and placed the bowsprit with its jibboom, maybe the most complex part of the Uvalen's masting.

View attachment 305475View attachment 305476View attachment 305477
Good morning. Great work as always. I have been thinking about my next model and Uvalen has been on my list. I keep looking at your hull and how it is “ribbed “ (for a better word) scares me away from this- it is incredible and looks so cool. Clever idea the protective plastic. Cheers Grant

The foremast and a part of its rigging (not completed yet). And another pic with my hand to estimate the sizes.

View attachment 306684View attachment 306685View attachment 306686
Good morning Vladimir. Lovely work. The Uvalen , being a relatively small ship(yacht), even at 1:48 scale makes for small detailed work. I’m glad you put your hand in as it brings your work into perspective. The skylight is a feature for sure and all the detail and “scratch” work you did earlier pays off for sure. Cheers Grant

Looking very good - good to see the hands to get a clear impression about the scale
The small size of the model also underlines your working quality. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

One question because I am wondering, that the two blocks at the top of the main mast were connected with a hook.
Would it be not to risky, that the block would get loose (hook move out of the ring) during sailing - because there is no easy possibility to climb up the mast by a seaman to refit the block with the hook..... just a thought

Would it be not to risky, that the block would get loose
I think the risk is minimal, because the peak halliard is always under tension. Moreover, the hooks may be locked like this:

file.php

Back