IJN AKAGI 1/350 by Hasegawa [COMPLETED BUILD]

Congratulations for finishing this model - well done with a very good result :cool:

Congratulation on finishing this fine model. You did an excellent job. cheers.

IJN Akagi is complete and I want to thank everyone who took the journey with me.
This has been a long journey taking almost 7 months with many ups and some downs. My modeling skills have made drastic improvements since the start back in July and that I will take to the next model. Looking back upon the model the hardest part was using photo etch from three suppliers. My lack of discipline was exposed when using three sets of photo etch. If ever again using multiple sets of photo etch I must ensure what parts from each set to use and what parts won't be used. Another thing about me was I looked at all the logs and youtube videos without realizing that I never had attempted anything a complex as Hasegawa Akagi. just thinking I can do this.
So now the final version of my IJN Akagi
View attachment 426503View attachment 426504View attachment 426505View attachment 426506View attachment 426507View attachment 426508View attachment 426509
Hey Will,
Thanks for taking us on the journey with you. The ship looks fantastic and is a testament to your time and hard work. Congratulations on getting her across the finish line.
Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
Congratulations Will , the end result is most impressive. This has got to be one of the most challenging 1/350 kits on the market when you add all the bells and whistles

Looking Good WillThumbsup

I agree, working between all the different sets of Etch instructions AND those for the basic plastic model are confusing and very time consuming. There is a lot to be said for using a complete aftermarket upgrade kit, e.g, Flyhawk,Pontos or Tetra. Their instructions are perhaps very cramped but you are only looking at two lots of instructions. I count seven sets for this if you use all Hasegawa"s etch and wood deck plus the Eduard Set and that's without the planes....

Kind Regards

Nigel
Every photo etch………ouch.

Back