I recommend this book: RIGGING PERIOD SHIP MODELS

we have a detailed book review in our forum

Ok, I've already seen it. It's a great book for modellers. Thumbsup

If you want additional information on this topic and how to make it happen on your ship models, Bob Hunt at Lauck Street Shipyard had a practicum that goes along with this book that explains how to do these diagrams on your kit. It's a very reasonable price..

If you want additional information on this topic and how to make it happen on your ship models, Bob Hunt at Lauck Street Shipyard had a practicum that goes along with this book that explains how to do these diagrams on your kit. It's a very reasonable price..
Thank you very much for the information. I'll keep that in mind and take a look. Thumbsup;)

There are one or two inaccuracies, however I appear to have liked it enough to manage to buy two copies!?:confused:
There are books with different covers that are internally identical. I also had 2 copies. a hardback and a softback and they were different colors. I kept the hardback and gave the paperback version to a friend that was just starting out and really interested in rigging.

I tried to buy the companion book from Bob, but they won't ship it overseas.
It would be nice to have...

There are books with different covers that are internally identical. I also had 2 copies. a hardback and a softback and they were different colors. I kept the hardback and gave the paperback version to a friend that was just starting out and really interested in rigging.
That would be a fine excuse, but mine are identical!!:(

I would also like to draw attention to another book by Lennarth Petersson that was published >
Lennarth Petersson > Rigging Period Fore-an-Aft Craft <
Chatham Publishing London 2007
ISBN 978-1-86176-237-5
Main content>
The British Naval Cutter
The French Lugger
The American Schooner

book tittle Lennarth Petersson.png

Last edited:
I would also like to draw attention to another book by Lennarth Petersson that was published >
Lennarth Petersson > Rigging Period Fore-an-Aft Craft <
Chatham Publishing London 2007
ISBN 978-1-86176-237-5
Main content>
The British Naval Cutter
The French Lugger
The American Schooner

View attachment 409670
Many Thanks for mentioning this good book!
For everybody interested to take a look inside

I just purchased this wonderful book. I recommend it to anyone who is in this world of naval modeling. I´ve already seen a post on this forum commenting on the same book. It´s great! REPRINTED: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021, 2023.

View attachment 407732
Excellent book for reference. I found you have to think ahead 2 or 3 steps when constructing some of the more complex assemblies.

HMS Bounty 1/60, HMS Terror 1/75, HMS Bellona 1/100, HMS Fly 1/64, HMS Warrior 1/100 and Mississippi Paddle steamer 1/50 and have just started HMS Endurance 1/70

Last edited:
I just purchased this wonderful book. I recommend it to anyone who is in this world of naval modeling. I´ve already seen a post on this forum commenting on the same book. It´s great! REPRINTED: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021, 2023.

View attachment 407732
Es uno de mis deseos navideños. A ver si cae.
It's one of my Christmas wishes. Let's see if it happens.

Back