I might have done something stupid...

Super - You got a set of russian made, best quality chisels by Mihail Kirsanov

I have also one with penstyle handles - Best quality

Yeah, I would have preferred those, too. But you can't get these from Russia anymore due to the trade embargo. You know what they say about begging and choosing, so I will just be happy to have this set. In it's defense, it is the full 25 piece set with the Swiss Pear handles, and it is in perfect condition. The seller marked it as new in his ebay listing and I can't deny it, but I would have settled for used-like new which would have at least saved me the $50 in taxes.

Well don't feel too bad, we all see things we just can't resist, or the deal is too good to be true on limited availability items.

Not that I don't already have enough kits on the shelf waiting for time to build, but I just received a new purchase of JoTiKa Ltd / Caldercraft of H.M. Schooner Pickle. A nice small ship at 1:64 scale with length of 565mm. I figured it would look good alongside my HMS Victory as they both had important roles in the great battle of Trafalgar.

You won't regret it, it is a fantastic set. I have an expanded 28 piece set with plain stift handles.
Is this set new and is Mikhail delivering via ebay again?

You won't regret it, it is a fantastic set. I have an expanded 28 piece set with plain stift handles.
Is this set new and is Mikhail delivering via ebay again?
No, it was used, from a guy who bought them to do gun stocks, but they were too small.

Being a woodworker who creates art wood sculptures and boxes you have found a wonderful assortment of carving
chisels. I have seen several individuals use similar tools for lathing - which is not recommended do to the fine
tips and long slim shafts. Let one break and you have not only lost a tool but possibly an eye! Hope to see
what you plan to create with them.
Best, wayne

Beautiful tools. Aren't they called "Gravers" ? I made my own mini chisels from dental tools. Ground the ends to whatever shape and size I needed.

Back