Hoy, 1760

I'm currently workin' at that guy... . The kit is a bit simple, but so precise. Assembling the keel just reminds me a complicate Lego kit.
Bashing mode already on: I carved the rabbet in Antscherl's fashion...

20230429_213624.jpg

16830425108661985324931529041505.jpg

16830425628247285682771428246500.jpg

Last edited:
A good start with this model - I will follow with big interest

Thanks Shota. Really appreciated. It's nothing compared to your beautiful Alert, but this is it. As unique potential interesting think, I'm considering some major alterations to the wing transom accordingly Antscherl's monograph, instead of the "tailed" one suggested by kit instructions, to accomodate the three pairs of filling transoms as shown in A.'s plan. Let's see...
Kind regards,
Albert

16833909180677474322718136569307.jpg

16833910018422577515957620589946.jpg

16833910476728234502437215783372.jpg

16833914586421827760032015937333.jpg

Last edited:
a pretty complicated building jig that is and l assume that everything is cut out for you either laser or cnc? Nothing left for the builder do but assemble it and some occasional bashing. appears quite a lot of engineering goes into putting this kit together for the model builder. I notice the kit was not produced until after David Antscherl book was published. It will be a beautiful model when finished! look forward to seeing it to completion.

In general the kit is not baded on David Antscherl book,so be aware if you build this kit there are will many differences.
Thanks for your kind replay Zoly. I'm well aware the kit is not strictly based on Antscher's monograph. Ordering the book, the idea was just to improve my skill as a model maker and eventually to add a little detail to the model. I'm still very happy with my Hoy kit I.e. keel pieces went together smoothly, with hardly any adjustment required. Nevertheless, in my humble opinion the kit wing transom is not historically correct.
Regards!

a pretty complicated building jig that is and l assume that everything is cut out for you either laser or cnc? Nothing left for the builder do but assemble it and some occasional bashing. appears quite a lot of engineering goes into putting this kit together for the model builder. I notice the kit was not produced until after David Antscherl book was published. It will be a beautiful model when finished! look forward to seeing it to completion.
You are right, Lerner, but I could be considered a kind of serial basher. At my 20s I started with an ugly Victory main section kit... then I never gave up!
Cheers!

Last edited:
感谢您的好意重播佐利。我很清楚该套件并非严格基于Antscher的专着。订购这本书,我的想法只是为了提高我作为模型制作者的技能,并最终为模型添加一些细节。我仍然对我的Hoy套件非常满意,即龙骨部件顺利地组合在一起,几乎不需要任何调整。然而,以我的拙见,套件翼横梁在历史上是不正确的。
问候!
我们在设计中注意到了这个问题,并在参考了大量数据验证了这部分的结构后,做出了最终的选择。当然,这只取决于不同设计师采用的不同史料,建模者可以根据自己的判断进行选择。希望您喜欢制作过程

We noticed this problem in the design and made the final choice after verifying the structure of this part with reference to a large amount of data. Of course, this only depends on the different historical materials used by different designers, and the modeler can choose according to his own judgment. I hope you enjoyed the making process

The structure of this part in the original design drawing is also closer to the current design

1683431646839.png

Last edited by a moderator:
我们在设计中注意到了这个问题,并在参考了大量数据验证了这部分的结构后,做出了最终的选择。当然,这只取决于不同设计师采用的不同史料,建模者可以根据自己的判断进行选择。希望您喜欢制作过程

We noticed this problem in the design and made the final choice after verifying the structure of this part with reference to a large amount of data. Of course, this only depends on the different historical materials used by different designers, and the modeler can choose according to his own judgment. I hope you enjoyed the making process

The structure of this part in the original design drawing is also closer to the current design

View attachment 373129

Thank you Wuxiaomeng. A tech-talk with the designer himself is a huge honour for me. Just be sure I'm really ejoining the making process. You did absolutely great with this kit and its design as well!
Just a question: could the pillars shown in NMM original sheer plan be intended to any kind of swivels' mounting?
Kind regards,
A.

Hello Albert, I think it's great when you modify various parts of the kit and use the original plans for help. At Le Coureur, we also used the original plans from Ancre in the assembly and made a few changes.
Hey Tobias,
Totally agree...!

Thank you Wuxiaomeng. A tech-talk with the designer himself is a huge honour for me. Just be sure I'm really ejoining the making process. You did absolutely great with this kit and its design as well!
Just a question: could the pillars shown in NMM original sheer plan be intended to any kind of swivels' mounting?
Kind regards,
A.
Thank you for your affirmation。The joints of NMM original sheet plan only appear more frequently on ships of the same size,1683601344623.png
This structure in the figure usually appears in larger tonnage hulls

Back