How to finish trinidad?

I broke 3 ribs this month and i have had a bleeding at my pituitary in my brain aan while ago. Because of that i have to avoid stress and injuiries. My brain didnt give the signal to my body to make stress hormons with my ribs and fix them. Ik have to take extra pills in that case. But it was not enough and yesterday in was on my way to get in shock. After that i can get in coma and die in couple of hours. My wife has to give me injection then to avoid that. When i work with wood on the boat is have no stress and enyoing the little things in make. Even 104 cannons. But with rigging in start to shaken and dont want to take extra pills to do it. How can in finish this boat without the rigging . I Do like making the masts but masts without sails and rigging looks bit stupid in think. Has anyone a good idea? Ship without mast is also not nice.

Improve your health, get better. the ships will patiently wait your return without complaining. They are not going anywhere. We are not going anywhere. Life a lot more important.

We are a very patient bunch, but will be stern with you if you don't look after your health first.

My rigging on the endeavor ship took 8 months and she is small compared to the two you have. This hobby is not a 'finish' hobby but a journey.

It will stay as it is with my health. Have to take these pills for the rest of my life. Building makes me relaxed.love working with the wood.

G'day Pat
I havta agree with them all. Brian's idea sounds like the best solution.
Stress is a killer. I know what it can do to your health. Relax in this hobbie and have fun.
I also hate the tenacious and mundane of running rigging.
Happymodeling and not stessmodeling should be your aim.
Greg

Yep. Will see how far in will come. Have to spend a big piece of the Day at home because of the illnisses and my wife has a fear to go out of the house verry far so building its really aan big part of my Day and a reasson to stand up every morning.

And this forum helps also a lot. Because we dont can go out far all friends we had are gone and also our families. My wife mother died month ago and we couldnt Go there (she was in a hospice to die) my wifes family didnt put her name on the card and they dropped here 4 years ago because of the fear. If i need advice in can ask here and there is always an answer with in hours. Tnx all.

Hello Pat ,I hope you get well soon ,I have to join the others and suggesthing to skip the rigging for now.

Cheers,Zoltan

Here's a silly idea. Finish this model with only the lower masts. No rigging. Make a nice case and...sell her! With the spare money (and maybe a little help from your admiral, buy a chinese plank on frame model which will enhance your wood working skills. They often come without rigging!

Happy building.

Tnx can try it. But ships are not easy to sell.have some drawings from ships in want to build from scratch. Can try those.

Hi Pat, hopefully your medication can make your day to day living easier. Regarding your model, my suggestion is to install all masts but only to the first crows nest, do all the shrouds but only some of the ratlines that way the ship will look like the original when it was still under construction.

Best regards.

Back