How I fixed the ripping fence of Proxxon FET table saw

Had the same problem.... first with the fence which was corrected using that allen headed screw but never spent time adjusting the ruler assembly... wish i knew these issues before purchase.... Well. will try to adjust it now...
I'm so glad I found this post. I was quite discouraged at the inaccuracy of the rip fence, and was annoyed that, for the price I paid, that this was happening. I will be adjusting that screw!!!

Hi
I face the same problem , I'll try to modify the saw as you did , I hop it will help
Thanks for the advice

Other than a Byrnes saw can someone suggest any others..? I am in the market and dont want to buy a Proxxon or micro-whatever saw (Mart or other names of the same thing). The op of this thread echos the same thing I have read over and over in other forums and YT, not to mention their (Proxxon's customer service) is not stellar...My Saw-Stop is kinda overkill for ship modelling and its cold in my garage !!! A small table top for my laundry room/hobby room !! Thanks...

Other than a Byrnes saw can someone suggest any others..? I am in the market and dont want to buy a Proxxon or micro-whatever saw (Mart or other names of the same thing). The op of this thread echos the same thing I have read over and over in other forums and YT, not to mention their (Proxxon's customer service) is not stellar...My Saw-Stop is kinda overkill for ship modelling and its cold in my garage !!! A small table top for my laundry room/hobby room !! Thanks...
I feel your pain! In my research there really are no other choices unless you get lucky and find a Byrnes on the used market (eBay, Craig’s List, etc). Hopefully, Byrnes Jim Saw will get back into production but since Jim passed away that’s uncertain.

On the other hand after I fixed my Proxxon FET it became a very good saw. I no longer want to replace it with Byrnes. There is nothing that I cannot do on my Proxxon. By the way Byrnes has no blade tilt adjustment which is standard on any other large saw. Byrnes requires some special attachment to do the tilted cuts.

Thank-You OlivierF and Y.T....Ill just keep using my table saw then. I left the hobby about ten years ago with a Constitution still on the blocks ! I had sold my Byrnes saw before every trying a scratch build, (never-mind finishing a build ) of course regretting it now...I shoulda kept it, even if the Admiral thinks I'm hoarder !!!

Back