Holy Crap! 50 inch long $390 Chinese extruded aluminum slipway

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802900006249.html

Hello rtwpsom2, Thank you for posting this item as it is definitely interesting as it sparked conversation about how others have approached this issue.

I visited the website you posted and saw the same images you posted. I have one technical question though, how did you capture those images as they aren't full sized like the ones you posted, but smaller and you have to use your cursor to view it?

They are hard to find Mike. I got one a couple years ago from some business in NewYork. Problem with it is it's so darn big and heavy. I find the best use for this device is to clamp the bow/stern and rotate the ship while planking (after it's rigid with battens).
View attachment 365054

I made this little platform from CLAMP-ABLE STRIPS (link) and particle board. I make any little part I need when building the ship then clamp to the table or just use 90° brackets to hold things square.
View attachment 365055
View attachment 365057
Hi Rob, I’m using it mainly to hold my current build of Occre ‘Essex’ whaler rigidly whilst I do the rigging. Not yet used it for keel/frames/planking stages since I was past that when this monster arrived but I’ve got a couple of kits in the stash which I plan to use it for. Your platform looks useful though.
Cheers
Mike

Back