Hobby Boss 1/350 HMS Astute

I would call her done. Completed this project near the end of 2023. For the base colours I have used Tamiya's rattle cans and for the "weathering" oils from Abteilung. The latter is a wonderful product. There are some mistakes, but I am just going to need to live with that. The next one will probably be an improvement ... I hope. I am really not too keen with the prominent seam lines that plagued all the HB kits that I have built so far. I suppose that is part and parcel of our hobby, to fill and sand ...

Astute 1.jpg

Astute 2.jpg

Astute 3.jpg

I have found that my first objective is to complete the build, then look at it. Notice where I would like to improve and the next one work on that skill. Each build improves your skills and I find it never ends, always looking for areas where I want to improve. Be proud of what you have accomplished and keep it around to compare to your next build and notice the difference. Well done!

I have found that my first objective is to complete the build, then look at it. Notice where I would like to improve and the next one work on that skill. Each build improves your skills and I find it never ends, always looking for areas where I want to improve. Be proud of what you have accomplished and keep it around to compare to your next build and notice the difference. Well done!
Wise words, thank you for the support.

Back