HMS Warrior/Alfred 1781

This is a discussion item for all of the members. Many of you are familiar with the 5 Volume set of the HMS Warrior (74) build practicum written by William Romero. Written in the 90's and even today an expensive venture to collect these works. Those that have this practicum are acutely aware of how detailed this work is. The practicum is built off of the Harold Hahn's work of his HMS Alfred. That work can be found in Hahn's work "Ships of The American Revolution". To create the practicum, Romero also built the HMS Warrior and used that model's progress to illustrate details.
So, here's my real question to the Ships of Scale populace: "Has anyone or know anyone that has completed this model using the Romero practicum?"

I have been working on this model (HMS Alfred ) for some years now. Starting with the drawing by Harold M Hahn. With the help of his book 'Ships of the American Revolution & their Models'.Then moving onto ROMERO books.to study his method. I do have with the first two volumes up for grabs. If anyone is interested?

Picture 090.jpg

Picture 082.jpg

Picture 092.jpg

over the years the Lumberyard sold timbering sets of Hahn's 1/8 scale Alfred and Romero's 3/16 scale of the Alfred/ Warrior. But to date no one has actually finished a model, to my knowledge.

The model I am working on is of 1/8th scale.
I have ROMERO'S book on the FABB 1724. £100.00 or best offer for sale'

Back