Hms Victory 1:200 midsection (Nidale) [COMPLETED BUILD]

I found this little kit on the Internet and bought it because i was curious about it and i couldn't resist to buy it for only 25 euro.
Yesterday it got delivered and i just open it.
Can't say it does look bad, and the building plans doesn't look bad at all.
But its amazing small with a lot details.
I'm not disappointed till now.
I shall try to post here the progress of it
It will be my first building log.
Most times i look around here and love to see what you all build..

This is in the kit, only i didn't make photos of the ropes and all the other little stuff like canons.
They will come later in the building progress.
Hallo @Nietslim
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Some parts are to small and fragile.
There are some spare parts, but unfortunately 1 piece of wood is very fragile.
I suspect that the grain of the wood is just too coarse because everything in that piece of wood breaks.
20220203_085806.jpg
After a lot of effort and struggling i almost finished the railing holders until it kept breaking and I had to come up with something else for that.
20220203_085739.jpg
I tried to make small holders from old thin brass wire and put them in the same place as the original ones.
20220204_091812.jpg
Painted them black right away otherwise you will continue to doubt.
20220204_100126.jpg
And while it's certainly not perfect, I'll have to make do with it.

I also made the cannon carts and placed the wheels on them.
And, of course, immediately painted it.
20220203_085820.jpg
These come from the same piece of wood and i have to repair some because they also break.
I do think it is a pity that just 1 piece of wood is of poorer quality.

Normally i don't do this small because im rheumatic and have problems with holding the small parts, but i think i manage this model so far.
And yes it's funny to build this one.
I ordered it because im waiting on my other model i orderd actually.
But they told me it could took some time till they deliver.
And till now they are right.
I ordered 8th off December the granado of Caldercraft.
Really hope it comes soon.
But first finish this one.
Now im working on the mast and hopefully today i have sand all parts so i can build it up.
Will post new pictures when it is so far

Good morning. Great job on this midsection. It is great to see the Victory cut into a little section and all the detail added into the deck levels. It is almost sad to see you cover the hull planking (looked really good), however your coppering is great too. Cheers

The hull planking, and copper is like the description says so i followed that part but i agree with you. It would look nice also without the copper.

I have been working on the mast. They send me a little strip of copper. I had to cut strips of it of 2mm and wrap them around the pole with intervals of 5mm.
20220211_093836.jpg
It isn't easy to do but after 3 days trying and not being satisfied i finally got it done .

20220211_092026.jpg20220211_092032.jpg

I have put the pole on the model only to make the picture.
Thst is why the top pole isn't straight on the picture.
Now it's taken apart again to work futher on it.

Iff you follow the description you need first make the ropes on the mast and the ship.
The chains and nails.
20220216_100621.jpg
And when that is done you gonna place a copper line to make the guardrail.
Then you place the tailor nets on that copper line.
When i watching the room you have left to place the nets i decide to do it otherwise.
First the copper line and tailor nets.
Because off the size it's hard to get the nets properly on the copper line.
I used superglue to put them on.
20220216_095936.jpg

It took some while before i could work on this model again. I started with the 2 lowest climbing nets and just finished the last few knots.

The robe isn't cotton so i put some glue on it, now it stays a lot better in place. And the knots doesn't slide open

The weather here wasn't good last few days and all the rain isn't good for me. Gladly the sun shining now. Hopefully we get soon some dry weather. But that will be a lot better fot us all .20220221_122945.jpg20220302_104746.jpg

Finally done with the climbing nets.
20220324_091043.jpg20220325_132140.jpg

Now working on the transverse masts.
Not sure if its the right name for it.

20220325_132031.jpg20220331_102554.jpg
I made somewhere a mistake with the middle one, left under on picture. i have the size right and checked it multiple times. Its exactly like the manual gives. But still it looks different. The space between the upper ones have to be smaller. A lot smaller actually 12mm but it isn't possible with the give sizes
Guess it's a fault in the manual but i still gonna use this one.
I will finish this one with this fault. No one here in my house will see it. Only i will because i know it.
Today my new model arrived finally. The one i really wanted to build. This one was more to kill the time i needed to wait.

Painted the gun doors and put them on the model, also the climbing beams on the side.
20220331_150500.jpg20220401_151245.jpg20220401_151259.jpg
I put with clamps the transverse masts on the good hight and put rope on the masts so they stay against it..where the mast sections come together i also put some rings for the rigging lines. That isn't written in the manual but a lot easier with putting the rigging. No idea otherwise how to do it.
20220401_151308.jpg

Nice to see how this is progressing I have the same model on the to do list when i have finished my current build then hopefully with the experienced gained can move onto the mamoli 1/150 HMS Victory full kit.

Nice to see how this is progressing I have the same model on the to do list when i have finished my current build then hopefully with the experienced gained can move onto the mamoli 1/150 HMS Victory full kit.
I think the full model from Mamoli will be a big difference to buil but i wish you a amazing good building time with it i hope you make a report of your building so i can follow it, my next one (the one i got this week finally with the mail) will be the HM Granado 1:64 from Calderdraft. but first finishing this one :) i only need to do the rigging, placing the cannons and build the standard to put him on. not much actually. I hope today is a good day and i get a lot done. but i'm not in a hurry :)

Finally done with the climbing nets.
View attachment 299819View attachment 299820

Now working on the transverse masts.
Not sure if its the right name for it.

View attachment 299821View attachment 299822
I made somewhere a mistake with the middle one, left under on picture. i have the size right and checked it multiple times. Its exactly like the manual gives. But still it looks different. The space between the upper ones have to be smaller. A lot smaller actually 12mm but it isn't possible with the give sizes
Guess it's a fault in the manual but i still gonna use this one.
I will finish this one with this fault. No one here in my house will see it. Only i will because i know it.
Today my new model arrived finally. The one i really wanted to build. This one was more to kill the time i needed to wait.
Good afternoon. Yards, studding booms (spars). These ship terms can be a mouthful. All coming together nicely tho. It’s a load of fun making these and enjoy your new model. Well done. Cheers Grant

20220403_140124.jpg20220403_140142.jpg20220403_140117.jpg
The wagons for the cannon are actually to big in size for this model i found out, didn't look at it before , otherwise i could make the cannon ports a little big bigger, but thats my fault.
I tried to make the wagons a little bit smaller so the fit, the upper and lower ones fit gladly. In the middle not but i think i doesn't look bad how they stand now.
Iff you look good you also see the cannon balls are way to big also.
But its okay.
I think when i try to change the ports now i make it worse than it is . So better to leave it this way.
Lesson for next time : measure cannons when done if the fit in the ports before going on building.

The standard is drying now that is the last part off this model.
I also need to put some rocks at the bottom.
But i need first looking for them, they aren't delivered with the model.
When the standard is dry i will make the last picture and will post it. And yes without the rocks because that will take some time to find a nice good size.

Im satisfied how it is like now (for so small model.)
I also found out i like bigger models, they are a lot easier to build with my handicap.

I hope you like the building log and thanks for reading it, it's really appreciated

Last edited:
Congratulations for finishing this section model of the Victory
The ballast stone are slightly out of scale, but definitely good to stabilise the model ;)

Congratulations for finishing this section model of the Victory
The ballast stone are slightly out of scale, but definitely good to stabilise the model ;)
I was already happy to find the little stones, and yes i know they aren't the good size , but thank you uwek for your input

Back