HMS Royal William 1719 1:55 by OlegM

Incredible work! The curved gratings are superb, and the figurehead almost looks like it is polished/gilded!

The beautiful work balanced on a small cushion on a small chair, 3 feet off concrete, has be sweating bullets though! Glad there was no ice on the deck!

Hey
The wood is boxwood
I have outsourced and paid for creation of the 3d models of all the main decorations, so I'm not sure which software was used, maybe zbrush. Since it's not my work I'm not sharing unless authorized
I made cnc programs and milled everything. I made the 3d design myself of only those decorations that are more geometrical, like columns, pillars, volutes, rails etc. I use Catia for both cad and cam

Last edited:
All the masts, topmasts, flaggstaffs and yards are completed in wood. Fore and main yards are made out of 2 parts. The mainyard is 600mm long. If I was building in 1/48, it would be 687 or 722 with studdingsail booms. My door passages are about 718 or 745 with door completely removed.... And I'm dreaming to build Commerce de Marseille in 1/48.... How would I take it out of the room?... That's the problem))

Next will be masttops

IMG_20240229_135632.jpgIMG_20240229_135637.jpgIMG_20240229_135641.jpgIMG_20240229_135650.jpg

Definitely no studding sails are possible on your Commerce

But take a look at this photo of the Pamir - she would be able to pass your door - it is only a question from which direction the wind is blowing and the ship is sailing
Just a suggestion

Screenshot 2024-03-01 101036.png

I would be extremely happy to see and follow once your work on the Commerce in 1:48!!!!

Or I have a line booked already... Next will be Saint Philippe, then Requin (maybe parallel with Philippe) and only then maybe Commerce... But since it's several years from now, my mind can change couple of times. What is definite - is Saint Philippe, I already started casually playing with 3d.
But my ultimate dream is Ancre releasing a monograph of Valmy or something similar :)

Back