HMS Royal Caroline kit ZHL 1/30

Last weekend on the road with the motorhome so then you are lucky that a part of our hobby contains a lot of small items, so I took my work in progress cabinet with me for some carving in the sun.
The right side carving is now also finished.
View attachment 377163

Next are the legs of the cabinet. First I made thin boxwood strips glued to the bottom. Cutting the sides to start the carving.
View attachment 377164

Cutting from the middle towards the legs creating a type of Louis XIV frame. Add some carving to the legs and boards and the frame is fiished.
View attachment 377162

Now we need a table top to write on. For the cabinet this contains two parts with a hinge in between.
View attachment 377165

Added a carved outer edge and fit it to the top.
View attachment 377166

Two guides below the table top carry the weight.
View attachment 377167

Next time the frieze along the top and the handles on the drawers and then it will be finished after a finall treatment with clou and bitumen.
View attachment 377168
No way!!!

Last weekend on the road with the motorhome so then you are lucky that a part of our hobby contains a lot of small items, so I took my work in progress cabinet with me for some carving in the sun.
The right side carving is now also finished.

Next are the legs of the cabinet. First I made thin boxwood strips glued to the bottom. Cutting the sides to start the carving.

Cutting from the middle towards the legs creating a type of Louis XIV frame. Add some carving to the legs and boards and the frame is fiished.

Now we need a table top to write on. For the cabinet this contains two parts with a hinge in between.

Added a carved outer edge and fit it to the top.

Two guides below the table top carry the weight.

Next time the frieze along the top and the handles on the drawers and then it will be finished after a finall treatment with clou and bitumen.
Excellent work, love the folding desk with support! The carvings are out of this world. After bitumen, it will gain some extra depth and age to it. Really amazing work.

Thx gents for all you comments and likes.
Lots of good ideas, wiskey glasses, shrunken furniture :) :cool:

Today the cabinet is finished, made the frieze on top.
20230601_194710.jpg

For the big drawers I made handles of annealed brass wire.
20230601_195708.jpg

For the smaller brass knobs.
20230601_210617.jpg

Everything is sealed with Clou followed by sanding with steelwool and a layer of turpentine dilluted bitumen brushed with a cloth.
20230601_210708.jpg

Especially for @Jimsky
20230601_210824.jpg

And some pictures to wrap it up.
20230601_211156.jpg
20230601_211210.jpg
20230601_211249.jpg

Next is back to the fluyt, starting with planking.

Thx gents for all you comments and likes.
Lots of good ideas, wiskey glasses, shrunken furniture :) :cool:

Today the cabinet is finished, made the frieze on top.
View attachment 377351

For the big drawers I made handles of annealed brass wire.
View attachment 377352

For the smaller brass knobs.
View attachment 377353

Everything is sealed with Clou followed by sanding with steelwool and a layer of turpentine dilluted bitumen brushed with a cloth.
View attachment 377354

Especially for @Jimsky
View attachment 377355

And some pictures to wrap it up.
View attachment 377356
View attachment 377357
View attachment 377358

Next is back to the fluyt, starting with planking.
Wow, just when you think it couldn't get any better, absolutely beautiful,
Best regards John,

Thx gents for your comments and likes.
Ps @Ptèr see you already got an answer to your Clou question. Really excellent to work with creating very smooth surfaces.

I am working on the fluyt again untill September.

Hi Marten. I have received a ZHL Kit of the RC. I assume that the customs inspector the kit jumbled up everything, and since all the inventory and instructions are in Chinese, I am unable to figure out if anything is missing. You mention that an English manual has been produced, how and where can I get it, will pay for it if required. Thanks for your attention.

Hi Marten. I have received a ZHL Kit of the RC. I assume that the customs inspector the kit jumbled up everything, and since all the inventory and instructions are in Chinese, I am unable to figure out if anything is missing. You mention that an English manual has been produced, how and where can I get it, will pay for it if required. Thanks for your attention.
I can send you a email with the parts breakdown along with some other items
-Rick

G'day Arif, I have two sets of translations for the Royal Caroline also the parts list in english if you are interested,

best regards John.

Back