HMS Pegasus - by Amati [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Steg, I used in my time a piece of a plank (from the Planking) cut into the seize between the ratlines and then a small intersection for the shrouds. The system with this paper in the Backside with its markings was not known to me, until late. Then on either side I used to add a Cloose Pin, to maintaine the distance. El CAPI
Stay safe
I will add a Pic, where I have made some smaller changes, as the ratlines goes not completely until the Top. You will need to add cord a few cm from the top, which are going up to Crosstree and further up

Attachments

• Pegasus 169 - Copy.jpg
    Pegasus 169 - Copy.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 31
  • ZZ-MAST- JARCIA-OSTAGA.jpg
    ZZ-MAST- JARCIA-OSTAGA.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 33
I will add a Pic, where I have made some smaller changes, as the ratlines goes not completely until the Top. You will need to add cord a few cm from the top, which are going up to Crosstree and further up
Photo to show the jig before I continue the ratlines. Still working my way up. Should finish today.

Your rigging work is looking very good - and very good advise by @El Capi ! -> many thanks to you both

I’m enjoying and learning from your log on how to do the masts and rigging. I finally completed the last details of the hull on my Pegasus. Your ship is looking great!View attachment 205395View attachment 205396View attachment 205397
Great job. Especially like the gunport covers. I skipped those because I keep breaking off small parts while working on the rigging. :mad:Might have to add them near the end. Thanks for the photos. Nice to compare builds.

Great job. Especially like the gunport covers. I skipped those because I keep breaking off small parts while working on the rigging. :mad:Might have to add them near the end. Thanks for the photos. Nice to compare builds.
I know what you mean. I keep breaking off the cannons from their mounts. Tapped the rudder too hard and broke the lever fitting 'inside' the little housing. Will need to break the glue bond of the housing to repair it. Really irritating!

I know what you mean. I keep breaking off the cannons from their mounts. Tapped the rudder too hard and broke the lever fitting 'inside' the little housing. Will need to break the glue bond of the housing to repair it. Really irritating!
Two think here. I am pretty sure, you as more than 90% are doing: Insert all decks as fast as possible- Wrong- Then am sure too, that you use the DUMMY guns -another enemy of mine: I inserted the decks after the Hull was planked. All decks even the one that never comes with the KITS- the Lowest deck. It is not that difficult but too much to add here. I did all the Hull first with Galleries, ankers etc, and paint. The hull with spray, but all the reinforcement planks- mainly painted Black outside, so the colour did not mix. Not the lower deck prepared with Full gun carriage -this you will do yourselves. Add the Gun pipes and made sure, they were well Glued and added a little reinforcement (which cannot be seen) and so on to the next deck the main deck. Here too, make to FASTEN your pin rails very -With a nail or screw inserted at the bottom. There is nothing worse than main Pin Rail around the main mast after all your Riggen is done. I Speak of a very BITTER experience here. There is no way to fasten it again, other to from beginning

Two think here. I am pretty sure, you as more than 90% are doing: Insert all decks as fast as possible- Wrong- Then am sure too, that you use the DUMMY guns -another enemy of mine: I inserted the decks after the Hull was planked. All decks even the one that never comes with the KITS- the Lowest deck. It is not that difficult but too much to add here. I did all the Hull first with Galleries, ankers etc, and paint. The hull with spray, but all the reinforcement planks- mainly painted Black outside, so the colour did not mix. Not the lower deck prepared with Full gun carriage -this you will do yourselves. Add the Gun pipes and made sure, they were well Glued and added a little reinforcement (which cannot be seen) and so on to the next deck the main deck. Here too, make to FASTEN your pin rails very -With a nail or screw inserted at the bottom. There is nothing worse than main Pin Rail around the main mast after all your Riggen is done. I Speak of a very BITTER experience here. There is no way to fasten it again, other to from beginning
The experience I'm gaining from this build will go with me to my next one, and the one after that. For me the mistakes I have made are what make it possible to understand what others are talking about in their builds as well as understanding the plans and instructions that come with the kit. This along with being able to follow the pro's such as yourself on this forum make this hobby enjoyable. My irritations I speak of are only temporary and usually directed at myself for being clumsy or not paying attention to the plans like I should.

It depends on very much of the Scala, but I did it that way -calculating the Ratlines to around 1/2 -1/3 of the thickness of your Strouds.. 0,9 mm Shroud around 0.2 mm for Ratlines.

Attachments

• 16649272_620105628199901_737436452694824224_n.jpg
    16649272_620105628199901_737436452694824224_n.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 17309288_764960810340062_704211331449064921_n.jpg
    17309288_764960810340062_704211331449064921_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 15
Absolutely WELL DONE STGCS. 10 out of 10
Better make that an 8 out of 10 El Capi . I was going back over everything before I moved on to the next sheet and saw a big mistake. Luckily it was an easy fix. I had attached the fore topgallant stay to the wrong spot. I moved it down to the correct position. Better go back and do another check just in case. You can compare the this shot with the last post and see what I had done.

Pegasus 175.jpg

Back