Dahai Model - New Design Hms Minerva 1780 POF Stern section

The prototype/pilot model build is shown here by @Bryian

Hi
This is a new design of stern frame jig. When the assembly board completes the assembly of the cant frames, it will be used for the base of this frame jig. The modelbuilder does not need to buy additional board, and also gets rid of the complicated stern and side jigs (previous design), saving a lot of weight.
1657728223072.png

1657728516539.png

1657728542849.png

1657728585718.png
When the wing transom and deck/filling transoms are assembled, you can continue to build the second layer of frame jig, which can be used for the assembly of cant frames.
1657728644685.png

1657728855564.png

1657728870747.png

DaHai

Hi All,
I tested the stern assembly, I didn't use a jig, just trimmed the notches with a scalpel, the notches are pretty precise, I tried to keep them within 0.2mm. Then I assembled a part of it, and I didn't use glue because I was going to send it to Don right away, but I prepared another set for him that was simplified, without tenon and groove, so it would be very easy to assemble. But unlike what I imagined, the all-in-one filling timber needs to be separated to assemble, otherwise it will be more difficult. But if you remove the filling timbers of the tenon, then no problem, it will be very easy to assemble.

1657797105840.png

1657797145489.png

1657797163974.png

I made a machining allowance for the head of the transom on the right, about 1mm, so that when the assembly is complete, it can be polished smoothly.

1657797252619.png
Then there are two more transoms, the modeler can assemble them at the end, separate assembly will make assembly easier. Because the final inner side is not visible, but even then the CNC machined part will be quite accurate.
1657797497314.png

WOW MOUTH DROOLING CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS AS I AM DOING THE STERN SECTION PROTOTYPE, I WILL START MY OWN LOG AS SOON AS DA HAS SHIPPED IT, THIS AGAIN IS THE BEST RVER PURE GENISUS, THANKS AGAIN DA FOR THIS AMAZING KIT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

I completely agree with you about the quality of the model and the engineering design, this is one of the reasons why I try to promote the sale of my kits (without much success so far :cool: ), such a model is expected to give us pleasure from building it :D

beautiful carving Okay :D
can share with us a little bit more about the process, thank you very much
Thank you shota70, this is processed by CNC, there is no special process, maybe just some experience. Now Chinese developers use 3D modeling and CNC processing.

The only point I want to emphasize is that we use legal software to design and process these carvings, that is to say, we bought the commercial license of these software (not the learning version, using learning version is still piracy). We use some mainstream software, which can ensure the quality of products. Of course, we really can't afford to buy software such as PowerMILL which can only afford by big companies.

DaHai

Last edited:
Back