HMS MERCURY 1779 1:72 Shipyard

That looks fantastic! But I have a question: It looks like the gun barrels are resting on the lower edge of the piece ports. If that's the case, I think that's not correct. But maybe just the perspective of the picture is deceiving.
You're right. It was my mistake. When I was making cannon carriages, I milled the rear of the wheel axles too deep. Therefore, the cannon barrels are too low. Maybe they are not leaning against the edge, but they are actually too low. You can see it in more detail in the photo below.

20200813_163709 (3).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Привет. Я хочу показать свой процесс сборки модели HMS MERCURY в масштабе 1:72 из набора Верфь. Я начал строительство в 2019 году, но в силу профессиональных причин и вытекающей из этой хронической нехватки свободного времени работа занимает бесконечное количество времени. Модель в основном сделана из бумаги с некоторыми модификациями. Палубы, лафеты и оборудование рубки изготовлены из дерева. Также цепной насос и колонны и лестницы.

View attachment 283184View attachment 283196View attachment 283198View attachment 283200
Отличная работа!!!! по моим впечатлениям за три года у Вас много сделано)))))) времени всегда не хватает, потому что забот всегда хватает!!)))) искренне желаю удачи ( и времени) в постройке!)))

Deepl translation:
Great job!!!! according to my impressions in three years you have a lot done)))))) time is always short, because there are always enough worries!!! )))) sincerely wish you good luck ( and time) in building!))

Last edited by a moderator:
Отличная работа!!!! по моим впечатлениям за три года у Вас много сделано)))))) времени всегда не хватает, потому что забот всегда хватает!!)))) искренне желаю удачи ( и времени) в постройке!)))
Thanks a lot for your kindness. I don't know if I understood everything correctly, because although I was learning Russian, but that was 30 years ago, so now I have difficulty reading Cyrillic and the Google translation is not completely trusted. Regards, Piotr.

Thanks a lot for your kindness. I don't know if I understood everything correctly, because although I was learning Russian, but that was 30 years ago, so now I have difficulty reading Cyrillic and the Google translation is not completely trusted. Regards, Piotr.
Hello Pitr, Eugine saying that he is really impressed with the amount of work you made for the past three years. He is saying that there is never enough time because there are always other worries! He sincerely wishes you good luck and free time to build your model!

Hello Pitr, Eugine saying that he is really impressed with the amount of work you made for the past three years. He is saying that there is never enough time because there are always other worries! He sincerely wishes you good luck and free time to build your model!
Thank you for translation.

Anchor line , messanger line and the balusters.
I decided to replace the anchor line because the previous one seemed too thin to me. With the new one I twisted from three lines 1 mm thick. Unfortunately I don't have a ropewalk so I had to do it manually. It is not impossible, but time consuming. It is quite simple and the effect is acceptable, i hope. I saw the solution of the messanger line in "Anatomy of the ship - Diana". I made the rolls on a lathe and they are made of brass. They are 1mm thick and have a hole of 0.3mm.20220205_180511.jpg20220205_175920.jpg20220205_175935.jpg20220205_175808.jpg20220205_175831.jpg20220205_180331.jpg

20220205_175859.jpg

Very good execution with your messanger line
Especially the detail with the rollers installed at the beams - and this with some eyebolts, so they can be dismantled and installed on the other side - Great detail !!!

Very good execution with your messanger line
Especially the detail with the rollers installed at the beams - and this with some eyebolts, so they can be dismantled and installed on the other side - Great detail !!!

167 / 5 000

Thanks. I wonder if I'm doing too much detail. Too dense at this scale. In live it may not look bad, but it is too crowded in the picture. There is little clarity. Greetings Piotr.

Thanks. I wonder if I'm doing too much detail. Too dense at this scale. In live it may not look bad, but it is too crowded in the picture. There is little clarity. Greetings Piotr.
The deck of such a warship was crowded, small space for a lot of seamen, guns, tools, ropes and even chicken ..... you are doing a very good job / work with the details

Bravo - you are really on a good way to make a very fine model :cool:

Здравствуйте, Питр. Юджин сказал, что он действительно впечатал объем работы, который вы проделали за последние три года. Он говорит, что времени всегда не хватает, потому что всегда есть другие заботы! Он искренне желает вам удачи и свободного времени сборки для вашей модели!
Большое Спасибо!)))))

I have started work on the bowsprit. I use the book "Anatomy of the ship - Pandora". Below I am presenting the drawings from the book and photos from the work started. I rolled the bowsprit on a lathe and I come to the conclusion that the linden wood is too soft for the construction of masts and ropes.
1648705146994.png

1648705052375.png

20220331_064420.jpg

20220331_064449.jpg

20220331_064548.jpg

20220331_064602.jpg

20220331_064627.jpg

Back