Hms Granado 1:72 - Cross Section by Miniature Arts

yes it is a kit, you can buy it here

She looks so beautiful. Good choice.

It will be interesting to see how this third, Chinese iteration (if I am correct - Trident, CAF and Miniature Arts) of the HMS Granado comes together compared to the other two.

Very nice Zoltan - This should turn out to be a nice Cross Section, especially with that mortar in the middle.

When I saw your original post and the tiny size of the model, I had to build one. It arrived today so I am looking forward to your building updates.
Any idea if there is an English translation of the instructions anywhere? If not, I'll just have to watch this thread VERY closely Thumbsup
Tom

There are some flaws in the manual. It is very important to download and read the Original, the kit is based on: http://modelshipbuilder.com/e107_images/custom/bvcsm/bvcsm1-48.pdf

Check & understand how the rabbet (keel)is done (I will do it after all frames are done and perfectly positioned. Have in mind, that the frame jig ist to "short" for the frames from 8 (I think) on, it has to be cut.

Unfortunately the laser were (at least for my kit) not perfectly adjusted so there is a - imo - way to big kerf, this have to be in mind to, to get nice joints.

cheers

Dirk

Last edited:
When I saw your original post and the tiny size of the model, I had to build one. It arrived today so I am looking forward to your building updates.
Any idea if there is an English translation of the instructions anywhere? If not, I'll just have to watch this thread VERY closely Thumbsup
Tom
I would suggest to skip for now assembling the Keel ,I will redo mine too

There are some flaws in the manual. It is very important to download and read the Original, the kit is based on: http://modelshipbuilder.com/e107_images/custom/bvcsm/bvcsm1-48.pdf

Check & understand how the rabbet (keel)is done (I will do it after all frames are done and perfectly positioned. Have in mind, that the frame jig ist to "short" for the frames from 8 (I think) on, it has to be cut.

Unfortunately the laser were (at least for my kit) not perfectly adjusted so there is a - imo - way to big kerf, this have to be in mind to, to get nice joints.

cheers

Dirk
That PDF is extremely useful Dirk. I'm really glad you posted the link.... Cheers to you! Thumbsup

It will be interesting to see how this third, Chinese iteration (if I am correct - Trident, CAF and Miniature Arts) of the HMS Granado comes together compared to the other two.
Hello Heinrich

Thanks for visiting my blog, the 3 kits are very different although all 3 based on the Granado Anatomy book, the Miniature Arts version is based on the Msb Bomb Vessel drawings which are a bit simplified compared to the CAF version.

Hello everyone!!

Thank to everyone who visited and commented on my log.

Progress with the frames, I am half way through cleaning and gluing the parts together, they are dry fitted on the in the jig ,not glued in or aligned at all.

592DC74B-0CFB-47A0-8084-571677917D2A.jpeg

17B2F7C7-045F-43B0-B436-7BDD2557E5FD.jpeg

0700C37B-32B0-46D8-80A2-E0FEA34223AA.jpeg

F8641167-CE3C-4E40-A27C-8EEE8C9662A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back