HMS Endeavor by Tommy S

This day was tedious to say the least. I got 16 cleats tied to Shrouds on the port side. I hunted down the tiniest thread diameter I have otherwise the knots were just too big. The thread I ended up with was leftover from a Revell kit and I thought it was useless but it worked well here.3F46128B-6902-423C-800D-DFCC445FC448.jpegFC812E73-F64C-4990-9550-E858C01CC8DD.jpeg577DE39D-0DDF-4B9E-B928-C8CC84A04BB8.jpeg

Tommy it looks nice. Which kit is this one. From what I see it looks like its the Artesania Latina.....?

Yes Artisania. Put my own spin on some or it Do you think they had all that stuff painted red? I like a little more wood showing. I might add a little rigging from the Oc acre plans too?

Yes Artisania. Put my own spin on some or it Do you think they had all that stuff painted red? I like a little more wood showing. I might add a little rigging from the Oc acre plans too?
As it was a Barque hired by the RN, it's likely it received some paint. The RN did paint the inside bulwarks red to hide the blood of battle. There is also some evidence of the blue but you have to look at the period and what types of blue existed at that time in history. The yellow I think is more likely meant to be the colour of varnished teak. The hull below the waterline was covered in multiple products where the colour was referenced by both Cook and Banks in their journals as a mottled brown and definitely not white.

As it was a Barque hired by the RN, it's likely it received some paint. The RN did paint the inside bulwarks red to hide the blood of battle. There is also some evidence of the blue but you have to look at the period and what types of blue existed at that time in history. The yellow I think is more likely meant to be the colour of varnished teak. The hull below the waterline was covered in multiple products where the colour was referenced by both Cook and Banks in their journals as a mottled brown and definitely not white.
Wow, very cool! Thank you! At this point,it is my interpretation I guess. I am having fun with it.

Very good progress in preparation of the yards - only foremast is missing (as I understood)

Back