HMS Bountty

Currently my Bounty build is in the rigging stage however some modelers may be interested in the Bounty launch which will be displayed with the finished model. Crew loyal to William Bligh are represented as the boat begins to get underway and the ingloriously displaced captain waves his fist at the mutineers.

20230723_123458.jpg

20230723_123510.jpg

Rick, I certainly don't want to sound condescending but is there any chance of you posting some better resolution photographs of this charming vignette piece?
Your work is clearly top rail and it does seem a shame that the blurry pictures make it difficult to really appreciate your model shipwright AND figure painting skills.
As long as I'm on a roll, let me ask if Bligh et cie are commercial castings or more of your craftsmanship. Either way, this is a unique presentation; thank you for taking a moment to share it. (Oh, and a question as to size...in what scale is this remarkable showpiece constructed?)

I second Kilo66's comments. I'd love to see higher res images of this fantastic work.

OK I'm attaching some better shots of the Bounty Launch along with some pics of the build as it stands now. The scale of the modelis 1:48 (i.e 1" = 4 feet). The figures were created by myself on a web site called Hero Forge. My son has a 3D printer and popped them out for me. The paint job is mine. Incidentally I worked from a list of the crew members who were loyal to Bligh and tried to design their uniforms according to their rank and role on the ship. The launch isn't finished yet as I still have some touching up to do. I'm especially pleased with the grappling hook hanging from the starboard side. I am also attaching better quality shots of the Charles W. Morgan including clearer shots of the Right Whale and the scrimshawed supports.

IMG_6253.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

IMG_6255.JPG

IMG_6256.JPG

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6259.JPG

IMG_6260.JPG

IMG_6261.JPG

IMG_6262.JPG

IMG_6251.JPG

IMG_6252.JPG

IMG_6245.JPG

Not bad, but the American flag? It seems to me that Union Jack would be better :). After all, the name of this ship is preceded by the abbreviation HMAV, not USS.

Back