HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

A nice combination of different kinds of rope work, Shota. With nice pictures to show al the aspect of the anchor and ad-on’s.
Regard, Peter
Dear Peter
thank you very much my dear friend for your kind words and compliments
Regard Shota

Hello Shota,
That's a beautiful Alert you build yourself, quite an accomplishment.
There's one thing however I find just a tad disappointing; she is lacking her propulsion system...
Running the risk of receiving some fierce opposing opinions, I am an absolute fan of a sailing ship completely rigged, with all the running and standing rigging installed and with sails, either fully deployed, half set or furled. I am almost inclined to challenge you to go ahead and scratchbuild the spars, sails and rigging, almost...
my Dear Friend
First I would like to thank you for the warm and complimentary words.
in addition I understand the disappointment that I did not continue with masts and sails. I will explain honestly, the construction method of the hull without masts and sails is compatible with the conditions of the limited display space in my small house.
I believe that over the years I will be able to build a study and there might be room for a ship with sails.

Dear Shota, your Alert is nearing the end of construction and has become very nice model. Bravissimo.
Your intention to travel the world and visit us widly thrown together forum group I find really great.
thank you very much my dear friend for your kind words and compliments :)
it's warms my heart

Hi Shota, So much praise has already been given by members, all of it well deserved, I can only add my admiration for your work and your excellent log which has been both informative and interesting. a big well done. Ken
Dear Ken
you are very Kind and Generous with your words, I must point out that you also excel in first-class creative abilities

My Congratulations for finishing your amazing Alert - very well done
and also congrats for the great idea to meet others around the world
I would be very happy to see you again, maybe in france or even once more in Germany on our yearly meeting (I think in 2024 it will be near Frankfurt) or during a visit of my town Vienna ....... I am pretty sure, that we will see us
My dear friend Uwek
thank you very for your kind words and compliments!
Of course, I would love to meet you anywhere in the world, and continue the friendships and pleasant experiences we had together with our good friends in Augsburg and with our common friend Oliver. :)

Hello Dear Shota Congratulations from me too on the completion of ALERT.

I am already looking forward to the next project. ;)
Dear Tobias
Thank you very much my dear friend for all the support and encouragement along the way.
Let's keep the next project under wraps for now, until I complete the necessary preparations with your generous assistance ;):cool:

Back