Hi from NorthWest Oklahoma!!

New member here...Retired US Coast Guard Master Chief Fire Control Technician (Guns, not fire;)).
I have a rather frustrating problem...My Son, a Doctor, bought my Grandson a Trumpeter 1/200 scale Titanic model ship. In the process of trying to wire it with LED lighting, they managed to ruin the original electronics...My son also bought a too large soldering iron and large diameter solder, along with single strand "stiff" wire to replace what they screwed up...
My Son brought this model to me at Thanksgiving (brought it onboard a SW jet...) They want me to "fix" it!!! They lost the schematic(s), I have no idea what components there are, the whole thing is a real cluster for me.
Does anyone know of a PDF file showing the wiring and what components are included????

Chief, what part of NW OK are you from, I am from the OKC metro area.

I have dealt with LEDs in past, of we can figure out what is needed and goes where, I am sure we can salvage the project.

Do you know what brand or kit info the LED system was from?

Chief, what part of NW OK are you from, I am from the OKC metro area.

I have dealt with LEDs in past, of we can figure out what is needed and goes where, I am sure we can salvage the project.

Do you know what brand or kit info the LED system was from?
I live in a little dying town called Hitchcock...11 miles North of Watonga...About 40 miles North of exit 108 on I-40 (The Cherokee Truck Stop).

It's the Trumpeter 1/200 scale Part# 03719 Titanic model.

My Son and Grandson ruined all of the LEDs that came with the kit. Also, I have no idea what other components are required because they lost the electrical schematics. In addition, my Son bought too large of a soldering iron and solder...It makes wonderful blobs of solder on every new LED strip connector.

I bought a new soldering station and small diameter solder...Also we bought two new boxes (small) with LED rolls. These LED rolls are wider than the parts that came with the model kit...So, they have to be installed (stuck down) next to the locations embossed on the plastic parts.

They had bought a new LED roll ( I can supply the part number later)...The model is down at my shop

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
I am looking forward to see your Titanic growing

I live in a little dying town called Hitchcock...11 miles North of Watonga...About 40 miles North of exit 108 on I-40 (The Cherokee Truck Stop).

It's the Trumpeter 1/200 scale Part# 03719 Titanic model.

My Son and Grandson ruined all of the LEDs that came with the kit. Also, I have no idea what other components are required because they lost the electrical schematics. In addition, my Son bought too large of a soldering iron and solder...It makes wonderful blobs of solder on every new LED strip connector.

I bought a new soldering station and small diameter solder...Also we bought two new boxes (small) with LED rolls. These LED rolls are wider than the parts that came with the model kit...So, they have to be installed (stuck down) next to the locations embossed on the plastic parts.

They had bought a new LED roll ( I can supply the part number later)...The model is down at my shop
I have traveled out that area a few time heading up into West Kansas. And also going out to Red Rock Canyon.

Hi FTCM, (didn't catch your first name). Like Kurt I lived in OKC for 10 years and my daughter was born there. Welcome to the forums! Magic Mike

New member here...Retired US Coast Guard Master Chief Fire Control Technician (Guns, not fire;)).
I have a rather frustrating problem...My Son, a Doctor, bought my Grandson a Trumpeter 1/200 scale Titanic model ship. In the process of trying to wire it with LED lighting, they managed to ruin the original electronics...My son also bought a too large soldering iron and large diameter solder, along with single strand "stiff" wire to replace what they screwed up...
My Son brought this model to me at Thanksgiving (brought it onboard a SW jet...) They want me to "fix" it!!! They lost the schematic(s), I have no idea what components there are, the whole thing is a real cluster for me.
Does anyone know of a PDF file showing the wiring and what components are included????
1. LED LIGHTING IS SIMPLE. IT IS ALL LOW VOLTAGE AND LOW AMPS. MOST 9IF NOT ALL) THE COMPONENTS ARE PRE-MANUFACTURED.
2. START BY GOING TO AMAZON AND LOOK FOR A BOOK ENTITLED SOMETHING LIKE "LED WIRING FOR DUMMIES". BUY IT. ONE BOOK MIGHT GIVE YOU ALL THE ANSWERS YOU NEED. IF NOT, LOOK IN THE REFERENCE SECTION WHERE THEY LIST ALL THEIR REFERENCES. REPAT AS NECEESSARIY. THIS APPROACH TAKES YOU FROM ONE BOOK TO THE NEXT, ETC. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWERS.
- BILL

Hallo @FTCM
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back