Hi from Grimsby east coast of England

Hi everybody
my name is steve and like the title says i live in a town on the east coast of england, i have been interested in this hobby for the past couple of years with my first attempt being a Billings kit Mary Ann which i built to look like a vessel that i used to work on.
My background at present is working in the oil/gas industry on Supply ships working in the northern North Sea and previous to this was as a commercial fisherman for 20yrs working on wooden ships of about 50ft in length fishing all over the North Sea and as a youth enjoyed making plastic model kits until i left school for work and then never had time to carry on with the hobby until recently.
I am at present working on the AL kit HMS Supply which i began just over a year ago and just getting to the stage of constructing the masts and rigging and think i may have a couple of months work left to do on her, so i dont know if i should start a log of this from the beginning or just from the stage i am at now as i would'nt want to breach any forum rules on this ?
cheers steve

Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum.Knew you were local by your username :lol: :lol: don't think the Fragles were ever exported.I am from just down the road,so to speak in Ferrybridge
:text-welcomewave:
Kind Regards Nigel

What ever you have should be posted to shows your work. If you start from the beginning, it may help another see how the kit is suppose to look at that stage. Pictures sometimes can answer questions that can not be described easily. Thus, the more pictures the better. I try to document each major step with pictures and words that describe how I got to this point and when appropriate, why I chose to do the stage that way. Welcome aboard and enjoy.

Hi Steve !

Thank you for joining. No worries about the posting of your build log. Just have fun (as long as you let us take a peek).
Seriously, I can not think of any forum rules that you would be breaking. Just go to the ship log for kits if you haven't already and start your log. The title of the log is in the subject line.

Got any questions, please let me know at donnie@shipsofscale.com

Donnie

Back