Hi from BC Canada

Hi there,

My name is Hayley I am 28, from BC. Im excited to get started on my first build, the Polaris and thinking about doing a build journal to document my trials and errors.

I’ve been interested in historically accurate models and miniatures for awhile, but have never built any myself! I was diagnosed with essential tremors years ago which have been getting worse. I am nervous to start the build but I know that practicing fine motor skills and patience will do me good in the long term.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Hayley!
you should definitely start a build log. Not only to document your "trials and errors", but you will find that it gives you a sense of responsibility to get things done on the kit because people are waiting on your next post to see your progress and also you can ask questions about it during the build or people can point out things that you may want to address to correct before you progress further.
I have never seen anyone here make fun of someone's build. Everyone here is wanting others to get the same enjoyment we get from the hobby !

Hope that helps. :)

Jeff

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi Hayley.
Welcome aboard SoS. Nothing to be nervous about here, start a build log and get encouraged and help. Sorry to hear about the tremors, but if this hobby helps in the long term you have extra motivation. Just enjoy the building proces.

Hi there,

My name is Hayley I am 28, from BC. Im excited to get started on my first build, the Polaris and thinking about doing a build journal to document my trials and errors.

I’ve been interested in historically accurate models and miniatures for awhile, but have never built any myself! I was diagnosed with essential tremors years ago which have been getting worse. I am nervous to start the build but I know that practicing fine motor skills and patience will do me good in the long term.
Welcome Haley. I hope you enjoy any hobby or interest in the life that is before you. Shoot, my pants are older than you!
Welcome.

Welcome into our family.
I have never seen or heard anyone here criticize someone's build. We are all in it to build and enjoy this hobby.
There are days my hands shake bad and I stay away or walk away from my build. It's reality, but there's always another day ahead.
I and probably many others get so immersed working on a project, you forget daily troubles. Even for a few hours....
Please do a build log, it's always nice to see other people's work.

Welcome Hayley. Patience is needed with model builds. BTW I like your avatar.

Hi there,

Pick a good shipyard. I made a surprise inspection of my schooner today and caught one of the so called shipwrights using putty to hide an ill fitting joint

Was trying to be funny. Seriously though, I am a beginner also. If you look back in the forums to “let’s get people into the hobby “ there’s an unbeatable offer… build the lowell dory send them a picture of the completed model and they will apply full price towards the next model. The dory is a great first project. The polaris might be a little much for your first project, although many people have done it. I have done some struggling and it’s my third project

Back