Help requested

Hi,
I am still working on Batavia and afterwards I have to finish De Crone. But after a number of years full with wooden models I am planning to do something different before I start another ship. I am thinking of building a model of a gun, from the usual plastic kit with etched brass upgrade(s). It should be to a scale somewhere around the 1 : 20 mark. I was thinking about an Oerlikon or Bofors gun or something similar.
It would be nice if someone would be able to suggest some good quality kits (which do not brake the budget). Thanks in advance!
János

I can't think of any kits available in that scale of more modern smaller? caliber naval guns. You can get very detailed drawings for them though.
I would have thought a scratch project using plastic and brass tube stock would be well within your skills Janos.

I have both the 1/35 Soar Art Dora and the 1/72 Hobby Boss version in my stash. Not what you were asking for and considerably larger but just thought I would throw the largest, to my knowledge, calibre gun ever made into the mix ROTF The HobbyBoss is a better kit and includes etch

Thanks, Guys, I appreciate your responses.
The thing is that I found a very nice kit of an anti-aircraft gun with brass etchings a few days ago. I did not make any paper note of the site, I just left the tab open in my Chrome. But because of any unknown error all tabs simply disappeared yesterday so everything was lost. I am terrible with names so the only thing I can remember was that the brass etching came from a guy called Ya Lo or something similar (I assume Chinese). I am not really in this hobby so it does not ring the bell for me.
János

These may be something you might find of interest

Hi,
I am still working on Batavia and afterwards I have to finish De Crone. But after a number of years full with wooden models I am planning to do something different before I start another ship. I am thinking of building a model of a gun, from the usual plastic kit with etched brass upgrade(s). It should be to a scale somewhere around the 1 : 20 mark. I was thinking about an Oerlikon or Bofors gun or something similar.
It would be nice if someone would be able to suggest some good quality kits (which do not brake the budget). Thanks in advance!
János
Model Shipways market GUNS OF HISTORY. I've just built or about to finish a 1:16 cast aluminum model of the US 10 pounder parrot rifle cannon.

Gun 1.jpg

Gun 2.jpg

Back