Hello from Western Australia

My Name is Gary Armstrong hailing from near Perth, Western Australia - Down Under:).
I do have an interest in model making and have an engineering background. I am also adventurous and enjoy carving, making furniture, and doing YouTube presentations of the things I do.
One model I have already done is the Artesania Latina Stage Coach which was an interesting build
I am currently doing the Artesania Latina "Jolly boat" and up to the mast stage. However, this leads to why I joined this forum as I need help finding information for my next build, The Bounty. The trick is there is not a kit out there that meets my requirements... so follow along...

Welcome to the SOS group Gary. I agree with Jeff, if you can find a copy of the Anatomy Of The Ship if you can. However information and plans on the Bounty are very easily acquired on the internet, whether it is on the original ship or the duplicate built by MGM in the 60's for the movie.

My Name is Gary Armstrong hailing from near Perth, Western Australia - Down Under:).
I do have an interest in model making and have an engineering background. I am also adventurous and enjoy carving, making furniture, and doing YouTube presentations of the things I do.
One model I have already done is the Artesania Latina Stage Coach which was an interesting build
I am currently doing the Artesania Latina "Jolly boat" and up to the mast stage. However, this leads to why I joined this forum as I need help finding information for my next build, The Bounty. The trick is there is not a kit out there that meets my requirements... so follow along...
Welcome aboard Gary. I'm on our other coast in Newcastle. :)
This is a great site. Good luck with your Bounty build.

Welcome aboard Gary. I'm on our other coast in Newcastle. :)
This is a great site. Good luck with your Bounty build.
Thanks, Wedgie, I am looking forward to building the Bounty as it is of special history that passed by Australia's Doorstep. To build this baby, I must try to do it as accurately as possible. It is nice to be able to build a ship from a kit-type form but to build a model from an accurate drawing will be a fabulous thing to achieve and of course a level-up.

Hi Uwek, You have certainly used your knowledge to dig into the archives to get these Drawings and Pics. My wife said I would like to see it made for the house and yes,1:48 seems a good size to make it to

Hi, Gary. My first build was rhe Bounty from a kit.Be
careful in your Kit selection as some have a boom with the gaff rig as the bounty had a loose fitting gaff
rig also make sure the Bounty in the Kit is flying its
proper Ensign.
Best of luck on your upcoming build, Cheers Winova

Hi Gary, I have a copy of the Bounty book referred above which I mistakenly bought two of. I could let you have it for 50 + post if you like. Let me know if you’re interested and we sort out the details.

Hi Gary, I have a copy of the Bounty book referred above which I mistakenly bought two of. I could let you have it for 50 + post if you like. Let me know if you’re interested and we sort out the details.
Hi Andrew,
Without showing me pics what detail does it give?
Not to offend anyone, I want material that will greatly benefit me for the start of the build. Also, where did the literature come from is also important? I have been reading up a lot of stuff on the Bounty regarding the actual reproductions of her and was horrified they were planked on the outside to a metal hull on the inside. If I understand properly the only truest information would be archived at the Greenwich Museum and properly some dubbing would have been added to it as well.
I don't want to offend but I want to put the money into the actual build first-up. Uwek knows what I want, but I am struggling to find the mob who has the prints of her at 1:48 scale, which would be nice to have. Uwek hopefully will address that.
However, thank you for your help but don't discard the book as I am interested to see what it has in it and may purchase from you at a later date.
Cheers Mate

Back