Hello from Washington state

Hello all, thanks for inviting me aboard. Been a modeler since a child, but coming back to the hobby after about a 10+ year absence. As I’m a couple years into retirement it seemed like the right time to get things going again.
I had started a Charles W Morgan from Artesania before before getting busy with other stuff. So that’s where I’m picking up again. Almost done with hull planking, although when I started this my intention was to leave a natural wood finish. But I’ve decided to paint and rig her as she was later in her career. The years she spent in the North Pacific sailing out of San Francisco.
This site and the work of so many talented modelers has inspired me to make these changes to my own model. I have not found much information about painting techniques or colors but I’m hoping this is right place to glean a bit of schooling from the more knowledgeable memhers.
Thanks Dean
IMG_2981.jpegIMG_2982.jpegIMG_2983.jpeg

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting the photos of your model. The members are a great source of information to help you along the way.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome Dean. I had the opportunity to tour the Morgan while on a trip to Mystic earlier this year. Exciting.
Looks like you are making good progress and hope to see more of your work in the future.

Welcome Dean. I had the opportunity to tour the Morgan while on a trip to Mystic earlier this year. Exciting.
Looks like you are making good progress and hope to see more of your work in the future.
The tour of the Morgan was spectacular. If anyone is in that area it’s worth checking out.

Hello all, thanks for inviting me aboard. Been a modeler since a child, but coming back to the hobby after about a 10+ year absence. As I’m a couple years into retirement it seemed like the right time to get things going again.
I had started a Charles W Morgan from Artesania before before getting busy with other stuff. So that’s where I’m picking up again. Almost done with hull planking, although when I started this my intention was to leave a natural wood finish. But I’ve decided to paint and rig her as she was later in her career. The years she spent in the North Pacific sailing out of San Francisco.
This site and the work of so many talented modelers has inspired me to make these changes to my own model. I have not found much information about painting techniques or colors but I’m hoping this is right place to glean a bit of schooling from the more knowledgeable memhers.
Thanks Dean
Hallo @Dean Unrated
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hope to see more of your model

Thanks Dean
View attachment 402391View attachment 402392View attachment 402393
By any chance are you near Anacortes or do you know a capable ship modeler who is? I have a friend who retired to Washington with her husband. She has two ship models in need of a bit of attention. If you can help or know of anyone who can, I have photographs and can tell you what work I did on the models in New England.
Nice Charles W. Morgan, by the way. Mine was a good bit smaller.
Thanks,
Alex Bellinger
Newburyport, Mass

IMG_4310.JPG

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I’ve been making steady progress, knowing this not a build tread, just two pictures. And to Alex your CWM is out standing at that scale I’m impressed, I will reply with a conversation request to you. She’s moving along, final version of my boats.IMG_3204.jpegIMG_3125.jpeg

Back