Hello From the New Forest, UK

Hello, I am a novice I guess when it comes to model ship building, having built one some thirty odd years ago, I retired a couple of years ago and was bought the Mantua HMS president which I enjoyed building. For my birthday last Feb I was bought the Occre Flying Dutchman, which I completed a couple of weeks ago. I have posted a video on youtube and here is the link
I hope this is allowed. The photography is not great a skill I might have to improve upon and there are some stills at the end.
Although retired I have a busy life and wonder where I had time for work I was an engineer in my time. I have the next ship project ready to go which I hope to start in the next couple of weeks I am interested in learning how to create and do a "Build log" so shall take my lead from the examples on here.

I look forward to getting to know some or all of you over time on here and learning great stuff from you all.

Kindest regards and happy ship building

Kenny

Welcome to the forums Kenny !
You're not the musical artist, are you?
Your ship looks great !

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the reply and thank you again for the ship compliment.
Funnily enough my passion is playing sax and have been playing for over forty years but no neither that famous or that rich alas.

Keeny

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the reply and thank you again for the ship compliment.
Funnily enough my passion is playing sax and have been playing for over forty years but no neither that famous or that rich alas.

Keeny
Wonderful that you play sax, but sorry to hear you're not famous or rich. :)

Hello, I am a novice I guess when it comes to model ship building, having built one some thirty odd years ago, I retired a couple of years ago and was bought the Mantua HMS president which I enjoyed building. For my birthday last Feb I was bought the Occre Flying Dutchman, which I completed a couple of weeks ago. I have posted a video on youtube and here is the link
I hope this is allowed. The photography is not great a skill I might have to improve upon and there are some stills at the end.
Although retired I have a busy life and wonder where I had time for work I was an engineer in my time. I have the next ship project ready to go which I hope to start in the next couple of weeks I am interested in learning how to create and do a "Build log" so shall take my lead from the examples on here.

I look forward to getting to know some or all of you over time on here and learning great stuff from you all.

Kindest regards and happy ship building

Kenny
Kenny, I also live just on the Northern edge of the New Forest - good area. I was impressed with your treatment of the Flying Dutchman. For a novice ; a pretty good result. You may wish to look up <modelshipwrights.org> and make contact face to face with other members of the Society of Model Shipwrights in the area some of whom will already be on the Ships of Scale site.

Kenny, I also live just on the Northern edge of the New Forest - good area. I was impressed with your treatment of the Flying Dutchman. For a novice ; a pretty good result. You may wish to look up <modelshipwrights.org> and make contact face to face with other members of the Society of Model Shipwrights in the area some of whom will already be on the Ships of Scale site.

Hi Bonetta,
Many thanks for the heads up on modelshipwrights.org your welcome for a brew anytime.

Kenny

Back