Hello from The Netherlands

Hello everyone,

I am Rico from the Netherlands, age 33.

My profession is carpentry and i have some experience with woodworking.
In januari this year i started my first wooden kit. The Polaris from OCCRE. I made this one to see if my interest lies in de wooden Shipbuilding. Now a month after finishing the Polaris my hands are itchy to start on a new model.

Therefore i ordered the H.M.S. Bounty from Billing boats. I guess i'm going to have some questions during the build since the manual is a little short.

See attached some pictures of my first ever build.1000009239.jpg1000008845.jpg1000009242.jpg

Hello Rico,
Nice to see you a baord !
Hope you'l find all the answers you need to build a beautiful H.M.S Bounty. Your skills will be sufficient, I know; It might only be the simple manuel wich might be tricky.
Good luck and hapiness buildig a classic !!!!!

..... and yes. It's nice indeed, to welcome a new young dutch member. We all will be very pleased that this hobby/profession/craftmanship will not become extinct !

Hello everyone,

In januari this year i started my first wooden kit. The Polaris from OCCRE. I made this one to see if my interest lies in de wooden Shipbuilding. Now a month after finishing the Polaris my hands are itchy to start on a new model.

Therefore i ordered the H.M.S. Bounty from Billing boats. I guess i'm going to have some questions during the build since the manual is a little short.

See attached some pictures of my first ever build.View attachment 438412View attachment 438413View attachment 438414
Welcom Rico on this wonderful SoS. Welkom namens een ander Nederlands lid.
Nice that you post your age in the first line of your post.
I presume it will bring the average age of the members a little bit upward. ;)
Regards, Peter

Indeed, welcome! Very nice first model!Okay
Enjoy your new challenge. I am sure you will get a lot of help from others who have built the "Bounty" on this forum.

Hello everyone,

See attached some pictures of my first ever build.View attachment 438412View attachment 438413View attachment 438414
Welkom, Rico, I CAN guarantee you'll be asking questions with his build! The plans are based on Bounty's previous life as a collier, before the navy converted her. I would suggest obtaining a copy of ; 'Anatomy of the Ship, HMAV Bounty'.

Back