Hello from Switzerland

Hello! I am a 70-years oldie, who rediscovered his very old passion for tall ships. Last couple of years I was busily building plastic airplanes. Then - during Covid - my better half wished me to make place in our house. Fine, I did it and discovered remnants of some tries at wooden kits. Since then I immersed myself into the sea... Bought plenty of books, tools and a couple of new kits. Started with HMS Pegasus and HMS Bellona and realized, that there is a long road of learning in front of me... I put Pegasus and Bellona on the back burner and started a Jolly from Bounty and a smallish Bounty (Mamoli). This forum was suggested to me by an Youtube-Builder, when I asked him about HMS Royal Caroline and plans. Since then I visited some threads/build logs and have seen, there is a lot of sound advice around and a friendly community. Glad to be here!

Hello! I am a 70-years oldie, who rediscovered his very old passion for tall ships. Last couple of years I was busily building plastic airplanes. Then - during Covid - my better half wished me to make place in our house. Fine, I did it and discovered remnants of some tries at wooden kits. Since then I immersed myself into the sea... Bought plenty of books, tools and a couple of new kits. Started with HMS Pegasus and HMS Bellona and realized, that there is a long road of learning in front of me... I put Pegasus and Bellona on the back burner and started a Jolly from Bounty and a smallish Bounty (Mamoli). This forum was suggested to me by an Youtube-Builder, when I asked him about HMS Royal Caroline and plans. Since then I visited some threads/build logs and have seen, there is a lot of sound advice around and a friendly community. Glad to be here!
Welcome!

I would also like to warmly welcome you to the forum and have fun.

Welcome from Charlotte North Carolina! I am also well into my retirement age and enjoy ship building. You will find many good friends here and much good advice. I put my ships away in the spring and summer and pull them out in fall and winter. Hope to see some of your work soon!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome!

Back