HELLO FROM SUNNY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!

Hello Friends,
The names Mario. Joined maybe 2 wks ago. Been busy with the Holidays approaching. So got some time to say Hello. Just learning this craft. Started about 12yrs ago with the Black Prince. After I completed it I went to the Benjamin W. Latham Schooner. Turned out to be way too much for my meager skills. So I put it down for about 10yrs. But I finished it w/mistakes. But at least I finished it and did not toss it in the trash! :D
Thats when I found MSW, looking for info on the BWL. From there I have decided to start small and model(work) my way up to more advanced kits. I do not like using the word work because this is not work. I would like to try scratch building some day. But I'm taking baby steps here. ;-)
I am married w/children(5). Ages 23, 22, 11, 08, n 06. Our 23yr old daughter made us grandparents. Our 22yr old son won a nation wide contest on Rolling Stone Magazine and will perform on their stage at the Austin, Texas South by Southwest festival. One of the biggest in the country.he wants to make it in the music industry. I am in my 50's and I have a beautiful wife. Who I refer to as the love of my life. Sorry but I do not refer to her as Admiral. We have a 1yr. old grandson, our 1st. I do not feel old. But when my grandson starts calling me grandpa then I will feel old. :sad: :lol: .
I joined SoS by the invitation of Mr. Sjors a friend I meet on MSW. I do have some pic's of a couple of small boats I have finished. I would like to post here on SoS. I gotta figure that out still. :roll: I am in the middle of bashing the Constructo Victorian Steam Launch. I am also building the Bounty Launch from MS. Which I have now decided to bash according to McKay's drawing. It will not be exact to his because I decided in the middle of the build to bash it. Both of these build logs are on MSW. If I may could I put some Pic's of my progress here on SoS Donnie? Hate to start something in the middle of building. :)
There you have it. A little about myself and my family.

So hello again to all. And Donnie you have a really classy looking site here. ;-)

cheers Mario :cool:

Very happy to meet you here, Mario.
Hope to see soon your work's pics, never mind little or big!
Wellcome aboard, enjoy with us this Donnie's masterpiece.
See You soon in the site,
Laerte from northern Italy (really close to Venice)
:text-welcomewave:

It is good to have you Mario and a big welcome to you.

:text-welcomewave:

I look forward to seeing your builds and Build Logs here. I wrote you an email about how to post images. We are all here to help.

Thank you again for your interest !

Donnie
SoS

Are really very beautiful and detailed your boat! :text-woo:
I wait to see again, maybe work in progress!
Thanks for being with us,
See you soon,
Laerte

Back