Hello from StephenE

I have resumed building MS Rattlesnake (1:64 scale) that I packed away several years ago. This is my fourth model build and truly the most ambitious. The hull is planked and partially decked (gun deck). I am stuck on the bow assembly-head timbers, head rails and cheeks. I need to have better diagrams, photos to see how it all comes together, especially the first head timber (A), where it attaches to the hull. The MS plans are too sketchy. I have yet to paint/stain the hull before I tackle the bow, so there is no rush. I am hoping this forum will be of great help. I can see many other areas ahead that may need some guidance. Thanks for your support.

Welcome Stephen, do a search with ships name to see what others have built, maybe you can find some helpful information on the kit.

What part of the USA are you from, many of us out there in the USA.

You can update location in your profile if you want. Click on your name, and then account details and then location, you can add city or state if you want so we know where your from.

Hello Stephen, and welcome to the most informative and fun forum ever. I will be building USS Rattlesnake in a few years after the current build is done. Awesome little vessel. Too bad the Brits captured it so quickly after it started service. It never had a chance to prove what it could do, being a unique light mini-frigate.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Maybe you start a building log, just from the actual status, and we can try to help and assist you with the upcoming details.....

I have resumed building MS Rattlesnake (1:64 scale) that I packed away several years ago. This is my fourth model build and truly the most ambitious. The hull is planked and partially decked (gun deck). I am stuck on the bow assembly-head timbers, head rails and cheeks. I need to have better diagrams, photos to see how it all comes together, especially the first head timber (A), where it attaches to the hull. The MS plans are too sketchy. I have yet to paint/stain the hull before I tackle the bow, so there is no rush. I am hoping this forum will be of great help. I can see many other areas ahead that may need some guidance. Thanks for your support.
Hallo @StephenE
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back