Hello from OHIO!

My name is Teresa and my Dad recently passed and model ship building was his hobby. I have about 7 completed ships and 2 or 3 uncompleted. I am at a loss as to what to do with these and would hate to throw away. Someone should be able to utilize his equipment. I have alot of books that I will be putting on the forum to sell. Thank you for welcoming me.

Hallo Teresa,
deeply sorry for your loss.
"There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart." - Mahatma Gandhi

It is very hard in such a time to think about of "what to do with all these stuff"
You have the possibility to offer these things, models, kits, tool and books in our "Buy and Sell"-area. Definitely you should make some photos of the things and / or make some listings especialy of the books, which you want to sell.
Due to the fact, that we are an international forum, it will be sometimes hard to sell these overseas etc. due to the postage costs.
But there could be some interest......and we can help you to utilize.....

Welcome to our group of friends - and friends are helping

I live here in ohio a suburb of Cleveland if your around here I can come and see what you have and perhaps figure out what to do with it

I live here in ohio a suburb of Cleveland if your around here I can come and see what you have and perhaps figure out what to do with it
Me too. He lived in Peninsula. We are at our wits end not knowing what to do with this stuff.

Me too. He lived in Peninsula. We are at our wits end not knowing what to do with this stuff.

your about 10 minutes from me I live in Brecksville

it is a sad fact of life and the story repeats itself over and over. Model ship building was your dads hobby what was left behind only has value to the family. Below is part of a massive library that filled the back of a pickup truck. it took me 3 months to go through it. All the magazines were dumped for paper recycling because the magazines are available on CD so Model ship builder, ships in scale, nautical research journals are worthless. The weight makes it to expensive to send to anyone.
as for the models those I would have to look at to access any value. If they are built from a kit then the only value is to the family, because they are mass produced kits there is no value as works of art, they are considered decorative pieces for home or office display. Tools once again to heavy to ship anywhere, books if they are common you can get them on Ebay for free shipping or a basement bargain prices.

trying to ship a model is a high risk of damage and very expensive. Museums do not want them because they do not fit in with their theme. Besides many museums put their models in storage or sold them.

DSCN4939.JPG

DSCN4958.JPG

I understand what you are saying so basically we can't get anything for any of this stuff. Thanks for your help.

I would suggest to post them here on the forum anyway,you never know,there are collectors for the magazines who likes hard copies instead of cd’s.

just because they are posted on Ebay does not mean they will sell. I tried 3 times to sell NRG journals for .50 cents an issue and didn't get one single bid

Back