Hello from NY. Hope to get my build ship-shape with knowledge from the "crew" here.

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome. I've been building fine scale models of all types for about 30 years now including the Revell Cutty Sark which, sadly, ran aground during a move a few years back. I just recently gained an interest in doing some all-wood sailing ship and thought this looked like a good place to learn before I embark on a new Cutty Sark build.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome aboard. Interesting you are from the state the current "74" gun sailing warship I am making is named after.

You came to the right place - and I hope you will see many here to help, including myself !

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome. I've been building fine scale models of all types for about 30 years now including the Revell Cutty Sark which, sadly, ran aground during a move a few years back. I just recently gained an interest in doing some all-wood sailing ship and thought this looked like a good place to learn before I embark on a new Cutty Sark build.
Brass Monkey, welcome from Minnesota by way of New York by way of New Jersey…Bayonne to be exact… a seafaring town if ever there was one. Don’t tell anyone but I’m proud to have grown up there because we had all types of ships crossing through New York harbor, Newark Bay, and the Kill van Kull. Right after WW2 we had the mothball fleet including aircraft carriers and a variety of other classes of ships. Even a wooden ship graveyard off Staaten Island.

Back