Hello from Mtn Maryland

Hello all
I am a retired Telephone worker, Union official and small business owner. I did plastic modeling as a kid and early teen. While on my 2nd honeymoon in New England in 1997, I picked up a wooden model kit Maine sloop from Freedom Song boatworks and was amazed at how much I enjoyed building my first wooden ship model. While it was not what one would call difficult or advanced I was proud of the finished product. The seed was planted and in 2000, I purchased Model Ship ways kit of the Pride of Baltimore ll. I began immediately and things were proceeding well until I was building the second strake of planking below the whale. Specifically where the planking came together at the stern. I became so frustrated I put it all aside and did not pick it up again until two years ago. After some retooling of my shop, tutorials on plank bending and lessons in patience, I am enjoying this hobby again. Looking forward to learning and sharing in the forum!
MikeB49

Where in Maryland? I'm from Damascus, and a member of the Washington Ship Model Society to which you are welcome to visit and/or join. Look us up on line.
This forum is a lot of fun, very friendly and instructive, as well as international. Welcome aboard Exclamation-Mark

Welcome from NY

Where in Maryland? I'm from Damascus, and a member of the Washington Ship Model Society to which you are welcome to visit and/or join. Look us up on line.
This forum is a lot of fun, very friendly and instructive, as well as international. Welcome aboard Exclamation-Mark
We live in Oakland in far Western MD. Thanks for the invite!

Back