Hello From Montréal

Hello, thanks a lot for letting me in.
I am Olivier, 55 years old, illustrator and sculptor, guitar maker, passionnate about scale modeling, figurines, statues etc....
I am originaly from France and i will always remember the sensation i had, when my father took me to visit the Musée de la Marine in Paris, so many impressive paintings and models.
It, of course became one of my favorite museum.
And i am starting to build for the first wood modelship in my life, starting with The terror from Occre.
And i am very impressed by the quality of craftmanship on this forum.
Thanks again, very happy to be here.
Olivier.

Welcome to the forums !
Your woodworking experience will help a lot ! I expect you will have many questions about the building of the ship and there many here to help ! With the Terror as our first wood kit, you have bitten off a very large piece! Don't get discouraged. As someone else in another thread said, just focus on the parts on the current step. :)

Jeff

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Since some years your favourire museum is closed - I hope, that after reopening (hopefully in 2024) you will still recognize it

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Since some years your favourire museum is closed - I hope, that after reopening (hopefully in 2024) you will still recognize it
Thank you, i will probably get lost at first !

Welcome to the forums !
Your woodworking experience will help a lot ! I expect you will have many questions about the building of the ship and there many here to help ! With the Terror as our first wood kit, you have bitten off a very large piece! Don't get discouraged. As someone else in another thread said, just focus on the parts on the current step. :)

Jeff
Thank you Corsair, i will work on this methodically.

I am Olivier, 55 years old, illustrator and sculptor, guitar maker, passionnate about scale modeling, figurines, statues etc....
I am originaly from France and i will always remember the sensation i had, when my father took me to visit the Musée de la Marine in Paris, so many impressive paintings and models.
And i am starting to build for the first wood modelship in my life, starting with The terror from Occre.
Olivier.
Olivier.
Hi Olivier as another newcomer to this group, I'm sure you will be impressed by all the information that is shared and help that's available. I live up the highway in Ottawa and as we're heading into that time of the year when hobbies like ship modeling, I hope you have some productive months ahead.

Hello Olivier from another MTL resident (or near by). Welcome to the forum. As you will probably find out, or perhaps already know, this forum caters to much more then just ship building and that's what makes it so great

Hi Olivier and welcome to the SOS Forum! I am in Sutton QC in the Eastern Townships. Just about one hour south of Montreal :)

Olivier.
Hallo @OlivierMTL
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back