Hello from Lille, France

Hello, I'm a 73 years old french senior, who started wood modelling at the age of 20 but stopped because of his professional activity. I registered on this forum looking for information about the ship "The Sovereign Of The Seas" that my children will give me for Christmas and that I plan to build following the instructions of John McKay's book, "Sovereign Of The Seas 1637: a reconstruction of the most powerful warship of its day".

Please accept my apologies if my English is not very good.

Last edited:
Beautiful ship. Looks like someone has been peeking at Christmas
Welcome to SOS

PS, Your English is excellent!

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Interesting and challenging project with the Sovereign

We have a book review of the McKay book

but this book, although written in german, could be also interesting for you:

Hello, I'm a 73 years old french senior, who started wood modelling at the age of 20 but stopped because of his professional activity. I registered on this forum looking for information about the ship "The Sovereign Of The Seas" that my children will give me for Christmas and that I plan to build following the instructions of John McKay's book, "Sovereign Of The Seas 1637: a reconstruction of the most powerful warship of its day".

Bienvenue

Hallo @remora
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @remora
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back