Hello from Hudson, MA

Greetings!

I found out about this site from an insert card in my recent purchase of the Lowell Grand Banks Dory. A little about me: I havre been building models off and on since I was a teenager. I built the Revell 1:96 USS Constitution twice in my teens and twenties. I'm one of those odd people who really enjoy doing rigging. I mostly built plastic, although I have a couple of wooden kits partly built in my stash. Now that I'm retired I decided to start at the bottom and work my way up in order to develop the skills needed for wooden kits. Once I get my act together I'll see about starting a build log for the Dory.

Welcome aboard. So, you built two USS Connies. Were they with or without sails? Do you have any photos of the ships? Did they sail off into oblivion? Bye the way, no one retires, we just get tired.

Welcome aboard. So, you built two USS Connies. Were they with or without sails? Do you have any photos of the ships? Did they sail off into oblivion? Bye the way, no one retires, we just get tired.
Hi Dale. I built them without sails. Unfortunately I have no photos. The first one got left behind when I moved out of my parents house. The second one was crushed by a mirror falling off the wall.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome. The Dory is an excellent kit, consider starting a build log.

Good luck!

Welcome. The Dory is an excellent kit, consider starting a build log.

Good luck!
I plan on it. I'm re-cording our dining room chairs and I promised myself I wouldn't start the Dory until I had completed at least one more. Strong incentive, because I REALLY want to start the Dory.

Greetings!

I found out about this site from an insert card in my recent purchase of the Lowell Grand Banks Dory. A little about me: I havre been building models off and on since I was a teenager. I built the Revell 1:96 USS Constitution twice in my teens and twenties. I'm one of those odd people who really enjoy doing rigging. I mostly built plastic, although I have a couple of wooden kits partly built in my stash. Now that I'm retired I decided to start at the bottom and work my way up in order to develop the skills needed for wooden kits. Once I get my act together I'll see about starting a build log for the Dory.
Welcome aboard, from a fellow Massachusettsan!

Welcome aboard from darkest Rhode Island. A couple of local clubs that meet monthly are the Mystic Ship Modellers, who meet at the Mystic Seaport and are mainly into Wooden Ship models and R/C, and the IPMS Patriots Chapter in Billerica who do mainly plastic but entertain all modelling genres.

Greetings!

Welcome from Australia.

Welcome to this fine site, I built the USS Constitution as my first wooden model. I live her in MA, also. I have been in modeling since my teens too and I also like the rigging part of model ship building.

Back