Hello from Finland

Hello dear members,

i am just retired and have finally time for this lovely hobby. Since 5 years the DeAgostini Vasa is waiting for me on a dusty shelf. The other day I was googling for a Vasa build and found Paul's legendary log. It's a dream for a beginner (Vasa is my second ship) to read through this wonderful pages with lots of instructions and tips from many amazingly skilled and helpful modelers. Like many of you I can't find any words to express my respect about what he has created. Kudos to you, Paul!

I hope, with the help of you, to finish this beautiful model someday.

Welcome and have a great time here. Enjoy the great build logs and many helpfull tutorials in help section.

Please post a build log when you start your ship build, we all enjoy watching and if needed providing help or humor to keep things going straight.

I hope you will choose to post a build log!

I would be delighted to help in any way I can. It's an epic build that will take some time - but I certainly enjoyed the journey! I also have lots of images and other resources that I collected over the years that I would be pleased to share if that would be helpful. All the best!

I had the opportunity to visit the Vasa while in Stockholm several years back. An amazing sight to see a 395 year old ship in such perfect condition one I'll never forget.

Tervetuloa joukkoon Asim. Hauska nähdä muitakin suomalaisia täällä!
Welcome to the group Asim, nice to see other Finnish members here!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
May I suggest, that you start also a building log of your Vasa project, with this it will be possible, that Paul alias @dockattner and also others can comment, answer questions and help you with your project.
Most important: Have fun with the work on your model

Thanks to all of you for the affectionate wellcome!
With my under average skils and lack of seamans vocabulary I don’t dare to start a buildlog.
After 10 days of studying @dockattner’s log I managed to read just 80 pages. Paul’s enthusiasm and your comments made it like a lecture at the university, which I appreciate mostly.
BTW I am thinking about soldering the figures. Any experience?

With my under average skils and lack of seamans vocabulary I don’t dare to start a buildlog.
Start one, because you will get a lot of help and assistance to solve problems, you will get comments on the work, so you get more and more information.
It is helping a lot, especially for the author of the log

Hello dear members,

i am just retired and have finally time for this lovely hobby. Since 5 years the DeAgostini Vasa is waiting for me on a dusty shelf. The other day I was googling for a Vasa build and found Paul's legendary log. It's a dream for a beginner (Vasa is my second ship) to read through this wonderful pages with lots of instructions and tips from many amazingly skilled and helpful modelers. Like many of you I can't find any words to express my respect about what he has created. Kudos to you, Paul!

I hope, with the help of you, to finish this beautiful model someday.
Hallo @Asim ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back