Hello all from North Carolina!

Found this awesome forum while doing research on my next build, and then it hit me... I am not alone! Been building models since 1973 and got into wooden ships about 15 years ago. Started with kits and then ventured into scratch building my favorite ships from movies. I look forward to posting them here! Cheers!!!!

Thank you, Sir! I like your call sign. I've got an F4U Corsair hanging over my desk. Great aircraft!

Thank you, Sir! I like your call sign. I've got an F4U Corsair hanging over my desk. Great aircraft!
yes, it has a double meaning. The 2 different US combat planes named Corsair, plus it's also a pirate. :)
I actually took the name back when I used to play an online WWII aviation simulation game and just kept the name over the years. :)

Jeff

Found this awesome forum while doing research on my next build, and then it hit me... I am not alone! Been building models since 1973 and got into wooden ships about 15 years ago. Started with kits and then ventured into scratch building my favorite ships from movies. I look forward to posting them here! Cheers!!!!

Now I wanna see what ships from what movies! ;)

I have posted my Andrea Gail build. Check it out, more to come!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

for everybody interested in his Andrea Gail, please take a look here:

Hi Bovine,
Looking forward to your Builds. Also as a beginner at this level, ideas that make those things that look impossible to do, possible.

Gary, thank you for the welcome! Please check out my build, The Real Andrea Gail in the build log wood model forum and let me know what you think.

Thank you!

Back