Happy new Year from New Brunswick

Hello everyone, thanks for letting me join your group.
I came to Canada in 1977 after finished my apprenticeship in Germany, I worked in Midland On, as a Supervisor in a Mold Shop. after my retirement I moved to New Brunswick.
I have been building models al long as I can remember. About 35 years ago I had enough of Plastic model ,after I build the Gorch Fock made out of plastic and I was not happy with my result.
I purchase my first wood model The Bluenose II, it was a double plank hull, and I finished the model after 6 years. I am not sure scale or make.,see photo
After the Bluenose I was hooked, buy the way the old girl looks better today than than I finished her, aged well.
The I got my hands on the Wasa , it was a cheap kit and I finished the haul but lost interest since the finishing details were purely made.
I also got into RC flying, but I promised myself I will buy a high end Wood Model of an Man of War model once I found out German had a Man of War the Wapon von Hamburg What was it, And it was a good quality model. So 2 years ago I found the kit from Corel at a good price.
I have been mostly self taught, which is a lot easier now Since where is a lot of information and pictures online but,
I want to build the best model I can and I need help. I haven been lurking around forum And I have picked up a lot. I have been reluctant to join since my English writing just ok and slow I never got into social media.
I have started my build of the WvH build 9 months ago and would like to start a build log, since it would be easier if I ask questions when I need to and to get to know people in the hobby, if someone
could help me getting started.
I also know this is going to be a long trip but for me it’s the gurney not the end,
Thanks
Rolf

Wasa.jpeg

Blue Nose 2 (1).jpeg

Welcome aboard Rolf. Excellent idea to start your build log and get help as well as encouragement. We look forward to your log. Lots of fun building the Wapen von Hamburg.

also from my side a warm WELCOME here on board of our forum
a building log is often very helpful - so we can see, follow and assist where necessary
and not much words are necessary when we see the model and work with photos

I expect you will enjoy this forum. I have. My only criticism is I spend too much time here and not enough in the workshop!
Welcome abord and have fun!

Welcome Rolf--used to have an uncle in Midland. I'm in Ottawa where we have an active ship modeling group. Working away on the St Roche.
cheers
Thanks Alex, for the warm welcome. I lived and worked in Midland for 45 years, loved Georgian Bay.

Back