Halcon 1/100 first build attempt! [COMPLETED BUILD]

Managed to complete planking the first side in between all the family festivities . Far from perfect needs some sanding and shaping around the bow ,
but far better than I expected my first attempt to turn out . Now time to see if I can put what I've learned to good use and improve on the other side.

22 .jpg

24 .jpg

20221228_101308.jpg

Started to plank the second side and already benefiting from lessons learned and mistakes made on the first side. Tackled the little deck hut? while the glue sets
the most fiddly patience tasting thing I have tackled so far !.

20221228_131011.jpg

27 .jpg

Managed to complete planking the first side in between all the family festivities . Far from perfect needs some sanding and shaping around the bow ,
but far better than I expected my first attempt to turn out . Now time to see if I can put what I've learned to good use and improve on the other side.

View attachment 347975

View attachment 347976

View attachment 347977
The planking looks really good to me, especially as it is your first time planking model boats.
I know how this was like as I struggled with my build.

Further update , Hull given a second coat of stain ,Transom and Rudder fitted plus a bit more added to the deck.
Hopping to complete the build only using what's been supplied in the kit , with the probable exception of the rigging cord.
finish the deck fittings and anchors next , then maybe the cannons.

34.jpg

35 .jpg

36 .jpg

37 .jpg

View attachment 344566
Very basic kit as I'm sure most of you know , didn't want to risk ruining an expensive kit on my first attempt . But now suspect this may be more of a challenge to get some sort of result from such a basic kit . The very poor instructions have at least led me to this forum , where I have already learned a lot . Now to put it all into practice and see what sort of result I can achieve , so far I have dry fitted all the bulkheads and have now started to glue them in . This may take a while !

View attachment 344567

View attachment 344568

View attachment 344569

View attachment 344570

View attachment 344571

View attachment 344572

View attachment 344573
I can relate. . Our club picked up several of these for a group build. I am just starting on it this coming Sat (Jan 7) and using it for a kit to teach a friend the real basics of ship building. I also get him the Armed Virginia Sloop kit for Christmas.

Back