Gunboat Caustic

I am looking at building the Gunboat Caustic as designed by dlumberyard.com and was wondering if we had any other members that might be interested in building this model in kind of a group build. We currently have the complete video practicum series of the build on the MSB site of this boat so the builder can build at their own speed. I was just wondering how each builder would approach the build and perhaps make some kind of a friendly competition of the matter by adding each's own embellishments to improve the model.

While it would be nice to host all builds at MSB there's absolutely nothing wrong with hosting your build at your primary forum if that is better for you. You just eventually need to post some images of your model or forward them to me on the MSB site so they can be judged.

Anyone interested?

To help make things a little more interesting we're going to make a bit more of a competition out of this. Mr. Michael Eisnor the son of my mentor (Philip Eisnor) has donated a set of his fathers 1/4" Bluenose Drawings that can be used as first prize.

I am looking at building the Gunboat Caustic as designed by dlumberyard.com and was wondering if we had any other members that might be interested in building this model in kind of a group build. We currently have the complete video practicum series of the build on the MSB site of this boat so the builder can build at their own speed. I was just wondering how each builder would approach the build and perhaps make some kind of a friendly competition of the matter by adding each's own embellishments to improve the model.

While it would be nice to host all builds at MSB there's absolutely nothing wrong with hosting your build at your primary forum if that is better for you. You just eventually need to post some images of your model or forward them to me on the MSB site so they can be judged.

Anyone interested?
Hallo Winston alias @Winston ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
Birthday-Cake

I am also interested in the dlumberyard caustic as well. Thinking of starting it myself. I do think it would be nice to start a group on it.

I notice that you have a wide selection of woods that you are using on your build. You must have a lot of experience in choosing wood and matching. I do not have such experience. I am asking Dave which wood to choose from. I am thinking of at least 3 different types and no more than that.
Maybe cherry for frame and boxwood for trimming, but other than that. I am not sure what to do. HA

Donald
I hope that you are feeling better. I saw your log on your forum where you are building the caustic and you had made a comment about not feeling well.

Hi Donnie,

Whatever wood I have in the kit is what Dave sent. I didn't select it. :)

As I mentioned in another post, at the beginning of my log you will see a list of the woods in my kit and their uses. Helpful if you want to alter things.

I am feeling much better today, thank you for asking. Just not feeling up to getting down in the shop where I can do some sanding which is currently holding me up from progressing. Hopefully by the weekend I can do that as my fingers are getting itchy! :)

Very nice and clean work. Wow. Gotta get this one.

Anyone interested?
Hallo @Winston
Birthday-Cake

Anyone interested?
Hallo @Winston
Birthday-Cake

Back